PDA

View Full Version : McGregor Report.... (2009.05.28)

floppychicken
05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
First trip out on the water... had trailer issues among 'others' but finally made it into the lake just before 1:00 friggin' pm ! Fished until 6:00pm and was nicely surprised by the action. The Walleye were really hungry !

- 20+ Walleye
(all over 3lbs, with the biggest around 5lbs.)

- 6 Pike
(from 3lbs to just over 6lbs

Oh, yeah and 'something' VERY LARGE jumped outta the water near the EAST side bay near the swimming dock.

Water was between 51 and 56 degrees and the lake was very calm (like glass in some places...) and as most of you know, quite uncommon for Lake McGregor.

Cheers,

/FC...

ULTRAlite
05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Water was between 51 and 56 degrees and the lake was very calm (like glass in some places...) and as most of you know, quite uncommon for Lake McGregor.

Cheers,

/FC...

RARE! good report. Glad you found em :)

Swizzle
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Right on, what were you using for bait? How deep were they?

floppychicken
05-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Right on, what were you using for bait? How deep were they?

Rattlin' Raps were what we were using. We didn't even touch the bait. I was using the 'Walleye' Rap and my buddy was using the 'Tiger' colored Rap.

It started to slow down a bit so I added a single flourenscent green glow worm to the front and back hooks (like a gang hook..) and the fishing really picked up. The EYES really like that combo and we picked up a lot that way.

Depth was between 8 and 12 feet of water on all hits and fish that were caught. We fished from the EAST side of the Dam down the EAST side of the bay right to the second point and then back again.
We went back and forth over the good spots and then continued on our way... We kept moving and I think that was the ticket.

Also, we were getting hit most of the time from between 1.8 and 3.0 mph !

Cheers,

/Jman...

slickinfinite
05-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Is this a decent lake for shore fishing? I am thinking of going there this weekend or somewhere relatively close in search of walleye/pike/perch.

floppychicken
05-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Is this a decent lake for shore fishing? I am thinking of going there this weekend or somewhere relatively close in search of walleye/pike/perch.

I think along the Dam and the East Side is probably pretty good. You can likely walk a ways around the East side South of the Dam. We picked off a number of Eyes along that stretch not far from shore.

Pine Coulee is likely a better bet for Shore Fishing...
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=34385

Cheers,

/FC....

slickinfinite
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
We went to mcgregor yeaterday and I caught my first pike ever! A nice size fish to and everyone who came caught pike near the dam and close around it. Wish I had a boat there cause I guess we werent in a good spot for walleyes, but damn pike are still fun as hell to fish and seem pretty big to lol. The biggest caught had to be over 2 ft (caught by a girl who never fished before lol). I'll definatly fish there again.