PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake Question - Near Caroline

WalleyeDeitz
05-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey all, my friend and I had heard of Beaver Lake near Caroline being a great lake to do a lil fly fishing. He had heard somone charges $30/day to fish there though from the lake I am thinking this is, i think he may be confused with Nakoda Lodge.

Can anyone give an update on Beaver lake (fish size and amount of fun they have had) as well as confirm if you do indeed have to pay to fish there?

I think I tried to go ice fihsing at this lake once and the sign said "No Ice Fishing". Perhaps because it is aerated????

Thanks in advance

Scott N
05-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I've fished Beaver Lake a few times and you don't need to pay to fish there, other than have your provincial fishing license. I agree... your friend is probably thinking of Chief Hector Lake.

I found the fishing at Beaver to be a little tough, but the fish are good sized. Yes, the lake is aerated. My experience there is limited, but chironomids and leeches seemed to be what was working when I was there.

Husky Jerk
05-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I have fished there a little bit but only spin casting from shore. The fishing was actually pretty decent, and if I can land a few anybody can. :) It is free and aerated. It's pretty much just a pond or a very small lake. There is shore access to fish from but I would recommend a belly or pontoon boat. There are some decent sized bows in there (5lbs+) but I have only caught the little 10-12 inchers. I believe the limit is 1 over 40cm and 1 under 40cm but I could be wrong. There is a sign posted at the lake that details the limits. There is also a bait ban I'm pretty sure. If the fish arent biting you can always try Birch or Burntstick lakes nearby. Good Luck!