PDA

View Full Version : travers report

jesse34567
05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
where are they biting and what on???

DHergie
06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Was there on Saturday. Caught 7 pike and 2 walleye all on red and white lures. Hope this helps!

Freedom55
06-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Monday June1 trolled for two hours for nothing then ended up at the spillway on the north bay. Between 1:00pm and 4:30 landed 15 walleye all of which were just 1" too short to keep using 3/8oz blue jig head with leeches, dew worms and Gulp Alive 4" shiners. Going back on Monday next.
Dave Si.

DHergie
06-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Going to Travers tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has fished it after it has rained? Also does anyone have a map of Travers or directions to this spillway?

Thanks

jesse34567
06-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Going to Travers tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has fished it after it has rained? Also does anyone have a map of Travers or directions to this spillway?

Thanks

same question

nicemustang
06-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Fishing should be excellent today and tomorrow with the moon cycle and weather. The spillway is in the NE corner of the lake on the arm that extends NE from the resort. Look at map here.

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/fieldoffices/prairies/fisheriesmanagement/bathymetrymapscolour.aspx

HUNTER55
06-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Me and my partner will be there as well, see you boys at 6:30, spend some time at the spillway but don't be shy to move to deeper water now, walleye are moving deep this time of year, it will be tough to catch bigger eyes at the spillway.

Freedom55
06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Went back on Monday and started at the spillway. Fantastic!! 24 walleyes,16"-18", and 4 small pike on jigs and minnows btwn 9am and 3pm, including a fat 24" that fed me that night. Small change to some, but that was my first keeper walleye in nearly five decades of fishing. One downside. I managed to snag my anchor 10' from the bouy line, smack in the centre, with 19' of rope swaying in the current. Call it a brand new jig stealer. Beware the rope!
Dave Si

godziuk
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
great tips guys, me and a couple buds will be there for the weekend, ill post if we do good.

HUNTER55
06-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Bad weekend to fish Travers boys, the SAWT will be down there for the 3rd tournament off the year, not only will the camp sight full so will the fishing spots, might be a good weekend to find another lake as there has been over 75 boats in the last 2 events, should make for a busy lake and very busy boat launch, they will run both Saturday and Sunday.

Winch101
06-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Now on the other hand , this is a good weekend if you dont know the lake

to be out there to see where everybody will be fishing , plan on launching

at about 9:00 am and come off either before 4 or after 7 ... or use the

east side launch ... Take a map and binos and look for where the big fancy lunds are fishing and mark the map ...

We were there yesterday caught 25 walleyes or so never left the launch area ... one over 25" lots of 18-19" ers ..Wife out fished me 2 to 1
I,m a hell of a guide , netter , baiter etc. LOL

fishing_flower
06-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Wife out fished me 2 to 1
I,m a hell of a guide , netter , baiter etc. LOL
:lol::lol::lol:

OutwardBound
06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Danni and I were out on Monday from 12:00 until 8, We managed 35 fish total, 25 eyes and 10 pike, almost every walleye was about 42-48 cm. Danni caught a 24" 4 lbs walleye right near the end of the day. She also outfished me 22 to 13 w/ a broken thumb, hand in cast.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k255/cbrhunter/IMG_2813.jpg

Freedom55
06-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Went back for a look on Friday, the day before the tournament. Arrived at 8:30 and the parking lot was full of trailers. The campground was filling up fast. There was a small chop from the northeast wind and many boats strewn about. Headed straight to the spillway because of the great luck I've been having there. Was the seventh boat on scene and that number quickly went up to 14 and stayed at that way for the next 4 or 5hours that we were there. My wife was with me to pilot the new boat for the first time but did not fish. I hooked 7 walleyes (one was close) but enjoyed our time together in the sun. Very slow bite and no one seemed to be doing any better. Hauling out my new anchor, we headed back to the west end and found that very crowded but managed one more small one before going ashore. Saw a fellow with a dimestore fishing rod, fishing off the dock with about 20 other people, land a keeper with a jig and rubber 7" worm! With boats in and out of the harbor! Mayhem. Quarter million in aluminum and this fellow spent maybe 50$ and was doing just fine. Then the real fun.
30+ boats all wanting the ramp at the same time! And more arriving all the time. I thought it was going to be a long wait but all the boat owners were very considerate and very efficient at getting loaded and getting the heck out of the way. Great job fellas. Very well done.
This was my last time at Travers as we have a moving truck coming Thursday and with a little luck should be fishing at the Gardiner Dam this time next Sunday. We become permanent residents of Saskatchewan on June 26 so will be posting from there after that.
Dave Si

floppychicken
06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Went back for a look on Friday, the day before the tournament. Arrived at 8:30 and the parking lot was full of trailers. The campground was filling up fast. There was a small chop from the northeast wind and many boats strewn about. Headed straight to the spillway because of the great luck I've been having there. Was the seventh boat on scene and that number quickly went up to 14 and stayed at that way for the next 4 or 5hours that we were there. My wife was with me to pilot the new boat for the first time but did not fish. I hooked 7 walleyes (one was close) but enjoyed our time together in the sun. Very slow bite and no one seemed to be doing any better. Hauling out my new anchor, we headed back to the west end and found that very crowded but managed one more small one before going ashore. Saw a fellow with a dimestore fishing rod, fishing off the dock with about 20 other people, land a keeper with a jig and rubber 7" worm! With boats in and out of the harbor! Mayhem. Quarter million in aluminum and this fellow spent maybe 50$ and was doing just fine. Then the real fun.
30+ boats all wanting the ramp at the same time! And more arriving all the time. I thought it was going to be a long wait but all the boat owners were very considerate and very efficient at getting loaded and getting the heck out of the way. Great job fellas. Very well done.
This was my last time at Travers as we have a moving truck coming Thursday and with a little luck should be fishing at the Gardiner Dam this time next Sunday. We become permanent residents of Saskatchewan on June 26 so will be posting from there after that.
Dave Si

Good luck to you and your Family out in SK !

Cheers,

/FC....