PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee

bowfin
05-29-2009, 05:05 PM
does anyone where it is and how to get there and is there a boat launch wanted to go there never been there would like to try it and suggestions on what to use thanks:cool:

PikeSlayer
05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
You take highway 2 south of calgary about 45 minutes until you hit stavely.Thhen take secondary highway west bout 5 minutes and you will cross the bridge. Take next left after bridge and watch for the campground sign. that is where the boat launch is. i ussually fish around the bridge using jigs or spinners.

Good Luck:)

bowfin
05-29-2009, 07:31 PM
thanks will let you know how it was

baitfisher83
05-29-2009, 08:24 PM
man thats close, is there a good way to fish from shore there????always wanted to try fishin for walleye...

slingshotz
05-29-2009, 10:41 PM
There's plenty of places to fish from shore, it drops off pretty fast from many places as it's man made. All around the bridge is good and the boat dock is awesome, I usually start getting annoyed at the walleye when we are targetting the burbs late.

baitfisher83
05-29-2009, 10:46 PM
too bad there's absolutely no keeper limit on walleye, is the pike fishing good there??and what works good for burbs??never caught one before myself

slingshotz
05-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes it's a zero limit on the walleye. They were stocked I think in 2006 so all of them are almost mirror copies of each other in size (maybe about 13" but I never measured them). For some reason they put it a no size limit on the pike so it sounds like they want to get the pike out of there to leave some food for the walleyes. I've only ever seen one pike caught but I've heard there's more.

The burbs are pretty small in there but they make it up in numbers. I'm not a biologist but to me it seems that everything in there is stunting hence my theory of the change in regulations from no bait fish allowed to bait allowed this year. Without something like perch or suckers that reproduce in droves, I don't understand what all those walleye have to eat in there.

I still encounter people there that can't read or something and ask if they can keep the walleye, drives me nuts. So far I haven't seen any poachers at least.

floppychicken
05-30-2009, 01:49 AM
man thats close, is there a good way to fish from shore there????always wanted to try fishin for walleye...

...you can fish from the shore with no problem. Around the Bridge, around the Dock, around the recreation area (at the VERY south end) etc... Lot's of places to fish from there...

Pike, Burbot and an endless supply of -2lb Walleye !

Look at a GOOGLE map and you'll see the roads, recreation centre, bridge, etc...

Cheers,

/FC....