PDA

View Full Version : lure-method, not so important if you use bait.

duffy4
05-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Just watched a Wild TV program (In Fisherman) and the fellow is trying different lures and different jigging techniques.

Then after he says how good this one lure is with this one method of jigging he tips it with a minnow and continues to fish.

It has been my experience when ice fishing particularly, that if you are using bait then the type of lure hardly matters. If you are not using bait then the lure and method can be much more important.

What do you think?

dekker59
05-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I think it depends what and where you're fishing, I've out fished bait fishermen with a fly a couple of times. Other times they out fish me...

Waxy
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I think the lure is critical, it's how the bait is presented.

Waxy

Cal
06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I think certain kinds of lures work better with bait than others. I find curly tail jigs work better without a minnow where a bucktail or other design where the bait is not interfereing with the action works better tipped with bait. I could not tell you for certain though that a bucktail tipped with a minnow has worked any better than a plain jighead tipped with a minnow. Therefore I would have to agree with you to some degree.