PDA

View Full Version : Whitecourt area fishing

simmered
05-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Looking to do some fishing around Whitecourt this summer. Not looking for any honey holes just looking for a place to start. Lakes, Rivers whatever. Any tips welcome.
Thanks

fishman
05-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Looking to do some fishing around Whitecourt this summer. Not looking for any honey holes just looking for a place to start. Lakes, Rivers whatever. Any tips welcome.
Thanks

Whitecourt streams for the most part have declined for years because many reasons........beavers,logging.acerages and the oil industry but there is a few creeks that are still worth fishing but all creeks still have fish in it but for the most are very small fish and very poor management as people are fishing every where when the streams are closed

The rivers athb has some spots good for fishing walleye and jacks still and the macloed the same but alot of dead water

I don't fish for anything but trout and basically have given up on the streams around here know i fish mostly lakes.......Carson has become a stocked pond with lots of small fish i never waste my time on it, for the most i travel to go trout fishing it is not basically in my back yard any more

simmered
05-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Are most of the spots close to town on the athabasca and macloed dead water or is there some spots that I can get to without a boat?