PDA

View Full Version : Lundbreck Falls/ Crowsnest

FishFearMe
05-31-2009, 11:20 AM
My wife and I are planning on going camping near Lundbreck Falls next weekend. We have never been there and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions or tips on what waters or techniques might be productive there this time of year? Also was wondering if there is any point in trying the Crowsnest lake (if it isnt still frozen) from shore?? I am a novice fly fisherman while my wife prefers spinning gear and slower water...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott N
05-31-2009, 02:07 PM
The Crowsnest River fishes well, although runoff will likely start fairly soon. Nymphing works well, try fishing the deeper, slower water after riffles. San Juans with a dropper fly will work on the Crowsnest River. Watch your regs though as parts of the river are closed at this time of year.

I've never fished Crowsnest Lake, but there won't be ice on it by this time of year. Other lakes in the area include Lees Lake, Beaver Mines Lake, Beauvais Lake, and Allision (Chinook) Lake. All are stocked with trout that can be taken from shore, and generally fish fairly well.

Scuba
05-31-2009, 02:07 PM
The Crowsnest river is in runoff mode right now and will be for a few weeks... There are some lakes in the area producing quite well at the moment. Lees, Beauvais, Beaver Mines and Allison/Chinook lake have all been pretty steady over the last bit. Most of those lakes contain rainbows, and some have a smattering of browns, brook, or bull trout. There are also some more out of the way fishing holes that can be VERY productive. PM me if you'd like to know about a couple of them...

npauls
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
If you are looking to explore then I would recomend hitting up chinook lake. It is a nice little quiet lake that has a trail all the way around the little lake with a ton of nice spots to cast for a novice fly fisherman. It can be an amazing time if they are hitting the dry fly and if not just put an indicator on and chuck a chronie or some other small little nymph. Right off of the boat launch there is a nice rock shelf that holds a ton of fish that are ready for anything that comes near them.

Nate