PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes not going near my bait pile

Cabot
11-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,

question! I've been baiting coyotes for 2 weeks now in the middle of a coral I made a few months back. They were going in there not problem along with the darn ravens. 5 days ago, I put my snares up in all the doors and nothing. I've seen their tracks in the snow today, they go around it but won't go near it. I caught a big raven today...freshly caught, I released it. Is there a reason you guys could come up with as to why they won't come close?

Hoping they'll get a little more hungry soon.

Cabot

Turney
11-11-2005, 12:42 AM
i pm
cabit

nube
11-16-2005, 01:17 PM
I would like to know as well because it seems like they eat the bait like crazy untill the snares are up. I boil the snare and don't leave much for tracks and can't figure it out. I even wore rubber glove

Snaring co
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Don't expect to snare to many coyote near the bait area, leave those snare in place , find the route where they travel on the way to the bait, like near a fence or along side a building, place the snare on that route. Along side the fence would be the best.

snaring
11-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Your corral might be too confining. I catch coyotes close to the bait but they need a little room.

Cabot
11-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Bushmaster,

Your comment is correct, I think my coral is a little too confining. I caught many since I last wrote my first comment. The fence line on crawl throughs was my answer.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Cabot.