PDA

View Full Version : June 1 fishing weekend.

dodger
06-03-2018, 05:36 PM
So I went out Friday morning in the rain. No one one the lake but myself in a steady rain. Now I have been fishing for 50 years and I have had some really good days on the lakes and rivers in AB. But this last Friday was “epic” fishing. I slammed so many large eyes and Pike it was crazy. I could not catch an average size fish if I wanted to. It was truly insane.

So I call up a bud after I get off the lake to do some bragging and he’s not all that impressed as he just got off the water at a lake 2 hours away from where I am fishing. His day was also classified as epic! He would normally catch a dozen each of walleye and Pike at this lake but his wife and himself nailed over 60 eyes and numerous Pike. Wow!

I was out again today and it was a good day BUT nothing like Friday. So now I’m kicking back with a brew and a stupid grin on my face.

Tight lines everyone!!

Dodger.

pikeman06
06-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Let's see some of these monsters dodger. Everyone likes monster fish pictures.

dodger
06-03-2018, 06:20 PM
I will try later this week.

Dodger.

dodger
06-03-2018, 06:35 PM
The story for today’s trip.

I catch a 16” Pike and as I am bringing him up and he is swimming in circles all crazy like. As he gets closer to the boat I see a big azz Pike coming up behind him from the darkness. Now I understand why he is swimming in all crazy like circles. So I am watching the big azz Pike closing in on him and I figure “ this is not right “ so I real him in quick. He had the jig in his lip so I just flipped it out and he’s free. So all he does is swim up against the boat and won’t leave. The big Pike is just swimming along watching him. I quickly drop my jig back in and I literally have the jig tail slapping the big Pike on his snout. He doesn’t care as he is still watching the little guy swimming along the side of the boat.

Then the big Pike slows down and starts to fade back into the deep. I look at the little guy beside the boat and then he makes a VERY FAST dash to the bottom.

That big Pike was so focused on that little guy a swear I could see his eyes following him.

Dodger

Crankbait
06-03-2018, 07:51 PM
I've been out about a dozen plus times since opening day and only two of those days were slow or just slower than the others but otherwise great days on the normal side of things. spoke to a few others here and there and same answer all around.

dodger
06-04-2018, 05:12 AM
I've been out about a dozen plus times since opening day and only two of those days were slow or just slower than the others but otherwise great days on the normal side of things. spoke to a few others here and there and same answer all around.

Looks like a good start to the season.

Dodger.