PDA

View Full Version : Wollaston lake and area

topgun
06-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Hi all, im heading up Fri for a week to Wollaston. We will be staying at the Geikie River campsite. Does anyone have any helpful insight or advice they are willing to share? Also should we be packing anything to deter local wildlife? Is theft an issue? The outfitter closest to the campsite has offered us a place to park vehicles there as well. Is there any must takes for this trip? Thank you.

LCCFisherman
06-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Theft is huge.

JareS
06-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Double your expected drive time for **** poor roads

Teamprotz
06-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Been told to carry extra spare tires too

EZM
06-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Like others have mentioned that road becomes a pit run and cobble stone goat trail and has mining trucks bombing down that road around many blind dips and corners. Be careful, carry a spare or two, fuel up in McLean Creek, and every chance you get - and enjoy the lake.

The lakes in the area are peaceful and fish are plentiful.

Enjoy !!!!!!!

angler1
06-09-2018, 04:49 PM
There is another spot to camp on n end, just before the road branch that goes to Points North Landing. Its called Hidden Bay i think. It goes out past Wollaston Lake Lodge in the same bay. Be aware of cambrian rock in that bay. Have caught some slob lakers and huge pike as well in this gem of a lake. Big lake, big fish, sonar is a must. Pm me if i I can help you further.