PDA

View Full Version : Are wolverine endangered in the whole canada

Are wolver
10-05-2003, 11:35 PM
i've heard that they are endangered in the whole country canada and europe
i saw on tv that they say there is globally 18,000 left 3 years ago today unknown

Don Meredith
10-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Anglerman,

According to Environment Canada's Species at Risk web site (http://www.speciesatrisk.gc.ca), the wolverine is classified as endangered in Quebec and Newfoundland and a "species of special concern" in Alberta and the other provinces and territories. The latter terms means there are special regulations in place to protect the animal from overharvest etc.

The web site gives descriptions of each animal of concern, its biology and how it's being protected.

Don

ttt
06-17-2005, 01:17 PM
In my opinion, you are best to treat most all TV programs as Very Suspicious. This due to the antis. The antis are the ones who have the money to air such TV programs, and in their eyes, everything is endangered.

Wolverine are simply a low density animal. They will never exist in large numbers. They never have, and they never will.

The highly regulated trapping of these animals will not lead to their demise. Strict quotas of wolverine are in place to ensure these animals are harvested within management levels.

However, due to such TV programming and other such Anti driven agendas that it is most likely the harvest of wolverine is on the chopping block. If you want one for your trophy collection, you best get on it soon.

Hound Dog
06-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Marty, you are replying to a 2 year old post. I'm not sure whats going on with this site?

ttt
06-19-2005, 04:05 PM
And here I thought it was a new one. The whole outfit has gone haywire.

McCurdy1234
09-26-2005, 12:20 AM
May have been a Two year old post but it neede to be said;)

I think I'm going to troll back to page 20 and see what I can add:lol