PDA

View Full Version : Spring (cottage) Lake and Star lake

ukrmaf
06-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Hey guys I got a new fly rod and want to try it out somewhere close to home. I found these two lakes in the regs and wondering if anyone has any insight into the fishing and also if there are launches and if powered boats are allowed, I cant find that info anywhere. I know some smaller lakes have speed limits and some have no powered allowed.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

bobalong
06-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Hey guys I got a new fly rod and want to try it out somewhere close to home. I found these two lakes in the regs and wondering if anyone has any insight into the fishing and also if there are launches and if powered boats are allowed, I cant find that info anywhere. I know some smaller lakes have speed limits and some have no powered allowed.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Star is electric only can't remember Spring I haven't been there in years. Star will have bigger fish. Lots of scuds in that lake, but chironomids, floating leeches on a full sink line work well here to. Never saw much surface action at Star so never tried dry flies.

Red Bullets
06-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Spring Lake is surrounded by cabins/houses and access is difficult unless you are part of the trout fishing club or know someone who lives in one of the cabins.