PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer River / Little Red Deer River REPORT

graybeard
06-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Too bad there isn't a sticky for fishing reports on bodies of water. So until then, let me be the first to try.
Guys please keep it civil and report the fishing, water conditions, problems etc....
Thanks and good luck.

lds
06-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Little red Wednesday was clear. Only saw small stuff and pulled out 4

graybeard
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
I was out last Thursday and pulled out 3 and broke my 3wt flyrod tip, on a 4th....Thank god it was a TFO....All repaired on Friday..

I was north of Water Valley. The bridge construction at the WV campground is still being worked on but no problems fishing or driving.

The Little Red Deer was low and clear to 2'....Elk Hair Caddis and a Royal Wulff and black Stonefly.

SNAPFisher
06-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Fished the RDR downstream of the dam on Saturday with a couple of buddies. Only managed a half dozen between the 3 of us. All goldeye but some good sizes. No RMW and no walleye. The river was higher than this time last year and strangely more clear than last year. Tough fishing for me. Recent rains will not make it easier.

FYI, stopped off at Sylvan to cast from shore. Water level looks high for the lake - no shoreline. Fished RR23 but the wind made it a challenge. Out of the 3 of us I did manage 2 hookups but lost both. 2nd hookup was really strong. Was fishing for lake whites.

graybeard
06-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Out yesterday; caught 5 small browns 10"-12" on elk hair and pheasant tail....
Water is low.
If you don't know of the deep holes, it could be an uneventful day.

lastlatvian
06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Anyone fish it lower for golden eyes yet?

graybeard
06-27-2018, 09:19 AM
The water was like chocolate milk, high, very fast and lots of debris in the water and that's what we could see....Spent 3 hours there and no luck.....

Should have known better but it was still a nice day to be out.

skawtty
06-27-2018, 09:29 AM
The water was like chocolate milk, high, very fast and lots of debris in the water and that's what we could see....Spent 3 hours there and no luck.....

Should have known better but it was still a nice day to be out.

Yes, I am up I Sundre and the river here is the same too, it is fast and ugly. Was thinking of coming up to Red deer but I think Ill wait a couple weeks.