PDA

View Full Version : Fox info

Bear Ballz
05-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Anybody have any info on how to catch me a fox. I believe I might have one around the acerage.Seen plenty, just want to know for sure. We've been going through about a cat a month. LOL The wife is gettin' pretty ****ed, and I can't come up with anything other than maybe a fox. I've been using a live trap but it only catches every cat from miles around.

Bear Ballz
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
bump

aka bushmaster
06-21-2005, 12:09 AM
BB, you're likely going to have to locate their den and depopulate them !! It's not legal to trap them at this time of year and with the number of cats you are seeing you would likely catch them first. The fox are still hanging around close to the dens. I saw 5 pups this afternoon, while spraying.

I've never tried the live trap deal, so can't offer any advice. I know it works, but you can't prove it by me.

DUKE
08-20-2005, 09:51 AM
not sure what the regs are in alberta, but i think if a nuisance animal ie fox,beaver,coyote,badger,crows,skunk,, if on the landowners property owner is legally able to get rid of the critter.. give C.O'S a quick call .. i have snared dozens of foxes in winter and traps using dead chickens from a hut coloney. early mornings you should be able to see foxes out and about. with cats around its going to be hard not to catch one in a trap or snare. have you seen tracks?? scat?? don't rule out a hawk either.. might have to try some lead on those foxes..:rolleyes

Bear Ballz
08-21-2005, 10:28 PM
I think it may have been owls, I leave for work around 5:00 am and every morning I see and hear 3 for sure. I don't know if their screach owls or what ? They make a helluva a noise, and look about 12" tall and brown. Haven't lost any cat's lately, so they must have got their fill of feline:rollin