PDA

View Full Version : Winefred Lake

Drakle
06-02-2009, 08:23 PM
My family is going on our annual fishing trip this weekend to Winefred Lake. Just wondering if anyone has been there this season and how the fishing was? We are planning to switch it up between Pike and Walleye, but if someone has had some luck either way it would be great to know.

Thanks,
Drakle

Safety D
06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Cold water I bet you it is slow right now !!! Report back...

hardcorefisher
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
A buddy and i were up at winifred this past weekend. Fishing was not the best. We fished saturday, all day and sunday morning and only managed maybe 10 or so jacks and 5 walleye. Other guys at the lodge were so to speak "in the same boat" lol. Just a warning the road in to winifred is terrible! Its really rough. And on the lake there are a few dead heads that are hard to see so watch out

Good luck i would like to hear how you guys made out

Drakle
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Just an update from our trip. The fishing was not great in terms of numbers, however the average size was good. Probably about 5 lbs for pike. We only caught 2 walleye, but were mostly fishing for pike. Tthe walleye were both around 4 lbs. We also caught 3 whitefish over 3 lbs.

We stayed at the west side of the lake with Winefred Lake Outfitters. they are great facilities for people looking to get away from the city a little. Power was ran from a generater, and there is no running water. There is a beautiful new shower that was just built. I would highly recommend this location as opposed to the Lodge. Check out their website @ http://www.winefredlake.com/contact.html. Paul is a great guy and our family looks forward to visiting again. Oh ya, did I mention that we were the only ones at our camp. It was very peaceful.

Hannie
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Just an update from our trip. The fishing was not great in terms of numbers, however the average size was good. Probably about 5 lbs for pike. We only caught 2 walleye, but were mostly fishing for pike. Tthe walleye were both around 4 lbs. We also caught 3 whitefish over 3 lbs.

We stayed at the west side of the lake with Winefred Lake Outfitters. they are great facilities for people looking to get away from the city a little. Power was ran from a generater, and there is no running water. There is a beautiful new shower that was just built. I would highly recommend this location as opposed to the Lodge. Check out their website @ http://www.winefredlake.com/contact.html. Paul is a great guy and our family looks forward to visiting again. Oh ya, did I mention that we were the only ones at our camp. It was very peaceful.

Pauls nice...his brother on the other hand lol