PDA

View Full Version : public land

public land
02-16-2004, 10:22 PM
What do I need to do to be able to trap public crown land that doesn't have a registered trapline on it?

Rub Sign
02-18-2004, 08:12 AM
nube,

You should contact the Alberta Trappers Association (http://www.albertatrappers.com/) for the answers to your questions.

JIM MITCHELL
02-27-2004, 08:30 PM
In order to trap on crown land that is not part of a trap line ....get a county map which shows crown land first. Some of this land is under lease but other may be vacant. Go to your Fish and Wildlife Office and ask them if any one is trapping that particular piece of land. If they are not you can get permission to trap it and you pay a nominal amount per quarter to do so.That is my understanding of the process

LongDraw
06-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I have no Idea as well. it sure would be good if you could just buy a liscense and trap on Crown Land. For all I know, maybe you can. I am going to call the local F&W office to find out. If it is not allowed, this would be somthing good to try to make happen. After all, I would not have the time to run a full blown trap line, but a lynx and a wolverine would make a great mount. I know in BC you can hunt Lynx.....