PDA

View Full Version : North Buck Lake Camping Reviews

riden
06-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Well google wasn't much help. I live in the Peace Country and my son and his family moved to Drayton Valley and year ago. The Mrs and I want to go down this summer and camp a week with them and the grand kids. They may be busy during the week, but that's ok, we will keep the grand kids and I would like to take the kids fishing.

The question is where?

I am thinking north Buck Lake looks ideal. Powered sites, I can rent a small boat for the week at a reasonable price, and close to Drayton.

Am I missing something guys? Is there a better place I could go?

I am open to any ideas from locals in the know.

I would really like the ability to rent a boat and serviced sites are a must. Other than that, I am listening.

Thanks.

antlercarver
06-19-2018, 08:46 AM
North buck lake does not have boat rentals. Nice camping, many bays, poor fishing. This lake is 12 miles east of Boyle.
I think the lake you are referring to is near Drayton valley, it is also called Buck lake .

deanstr8
06-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Yes it is also called South Buck Lake. Much better fishing compared to North Buck. There is a provincial campground there, not sure if there are any powered sites though. There may be a private campground there as well. The walleye are pretty abundant, but it is tough to get ones over the 50cm keeper size. This lake also went to 0 retention for pike this year, so you will probably catch a ton of them...

Justfishin73
06-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Algae shouldn't be overly bad now, but I've gone out there for years, and have never swam in that lake---by August, the algae is brutal

riden
06-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Well it's a good thing I asked. I assumed North Buck campground was on the northern part of Buck Lake.

Thanks for setting me straight