PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed around Edmonton

Freeman
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Will go to Edmonton the coming weekend and have two days of fishing. Thinking one day try Pigeon and South Buck lake. Another day go to a lake close to the city for lake whitefish but have no idea where to go.

Any advice would be highly expected
:):rolleye2::love::p:wave::lol:;):D

Not sure if Matchayaw lake also called Devil's lake has whitefish and boat lauchable.

Thanks

Freeman

PoorTurtle
06-03-2009, 01:01 PM
devil's lake does have white fish and a boat launch. i cant help you on if either are any good. haven't been there in a couple years. pigeon has good whites though.

goober
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I have never caught a White at Devils, just Pike, Perch and 1 Walleye.

Rumtan
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I`m headed to south Buck on Sunday, drop by and say hi.....look for a 20ft pontoon boat.

BigIrv
06-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Devil's has a decent gravel boat launch, but a bit shallow. Have waders or prepare to get your nuts wet depending on the size of boat. No pier. Only ever caught Pike in it. I fish it about 6 times per year only because it is the closest lake to St. Albert I can launch my boat at.

Freeman
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot guys. My route is Thursday evening, night and Friday morning at Buck Lake for walleye and whitefish; Friday at Pigeon; Saturday at Devil's with my budy; Saturday night and Sunday morning at Gull and back to Calgary.

Will take a camera, hope to have some decent fish for a photo to post.

:D

PoorTurtle
06-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Sounds Like you have a great weekend planned. I will be passing you on the hiway, heading to the Bow for a 2 day float.
good luck