PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake Information please...

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
NEVER fished there before and was thinking about taking a couple of newbies out there tomorrow in my boat. Trolling, drifting and casting would be the order of the day...

-Anyone know how the fishing has been lately ?

-Also, how much are they currently charging at the marina to launch a boat ? What time does the launch open ?

-I would imagine that the water is pretty free of dangerous structure but thought I would ask about that too.

-Any tips on half-decent spots and lures and / or bait of choice ?

I was thinking about launching at the North-East end instead (I was told there is a provincial day area with a boat launch there...) but not sure how much further it is and how to 'actually get there'...

Any information as to the above is very welcomed !

Cheers,

/FC....

SuCraM
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM
There is a charge at the marina to launch and is 15 dollars I believe. No launch at the Jarvis Bay Provincial park but might be another elsewhere that I do not know about.. I have had the best of luck just in the south west bays in about 8 FOW using jigs tipped with minnows. Works good for both pike and Walleye. For lures I have found spoons work the best. Len Thompson red and white and five of diamonds are my go to lures as well as a perch looking spoon by blue fox. Hope this helps. I am headed out there next monday tuesday and wednesday. If you want to come out and host me and a buddy on the boat we would be glad to come out with you. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

bsnyder
06-03-2009, 01:53 PM
:wave:Years ago we used to catch tons of perch right in the swimming area at th south end.Yup, bielive it :huh: Kids noticed schools of perch while swimming with goggles on , so we would sit there inbetween the bikini,s and catch perch.Was unbolivable after we targeted them :D Just be carefull what you hook :lol:

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
:wave:Years ago we used to catch tons of perch right in the swimming area at th south end.Yup, bielive it :huh: Kids noticed schools of perch while swimming with goggles on , so we would sit there inbetween the bikini,s and catch perch.Was unbolivable after we targeted them :D Just be carefull what you hook :lol:

Bahahahahaha.... :lol:

Be careful is right !

jts1
06-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Could catch more than Perch doing that..:innocent:

nicemustang
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
There's a huge drop off ridge on the NE side of the lake (rr21 or so) where the walleye and pike fishing can be fun.

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 10:11 PM
There's a huge drop off ridge on the NE side of the lake (rr21 or so) where the walleye and pike fishing can be fun.

The lake doesn't look that big, I can't remember it's been a long time since I've been there.... (water Skiing).

I was thinking about trolling along the banks and find some holes with Eye's in em'.

Thanks,

/FC...

Cal
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
My advice... Avoid it, not bad fishing but way to buisy

BuckMaster101
06-03-2009, 10:19 PM
The launch on the north east is a great launch. big or small it doesn't matter.
Trolling across the the north west in ten to twelve feet seems to keep the busy. good luck.

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 10:23 PM
My advice... Avoid it, not bad fishing but way to buisy

Well, that's why I decided to go when the water's COLD, on a THURSDAY and BEFORE the Kids are outta' School for Summer !

:D

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
The launch on the north east is a great launch. big or small it doesn't matter.
Trolling across the the north west in ten to twelve feet seems to keep the busy. good luck.

I knew there was a launch up there ! Thanks for the tip as well.

/FC...

floppychicken
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone have an Idea on how to get there ?

To me, It looks like I have to travel North from Calgary...

...on the #2,
then West onto #11A
then North on the #20
and then WEST on TWP 400 (#394 looks like a dead end)
then SOUTH onto RR #22
and into Sunbreaker Cove...

Does that sound about right ? Is the launch actually in Sunbreaker Cove ?

Cheers,

/FC...

BuckMaster101
06-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Ya that's right you take a left or south off TWP RD 400 but i'm can't remember if it's 21 or 22. The road is paved right to the lunch so that might help. You will come over a hill and just as you start to come down you turn left, two hundred yards from the top of the hill. I believe it's the first paved RD to the south. Hope this helped

nicemustang
06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah I think it's 21 for some reason that rings a bell. Fishing is good there and can be fun, but don't bother in July - August.

tbosch
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I have caught pike and walleye in there at all times of year. You just have to watch for structure and work it. Usually the decent fishing is close enough to shore that your not bothered by ski boats. I have found a few steep drop offs and points that house both pike and walleye. Mostly on the East shore of the lake.

tchow
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Bahahahahaha.... :lol:

Be careful is right !

Fun time if you enjoy fishing amongst "SUMMER GIRLS" Summer 13 and summer are 14..LOL