PDA

View Full Version : Battle Lake Boat Launch

APAShooter
07-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Has anyone put a larger fishing boat in at Battle? I have a 20' Starcraft walleye boat and wondering if there is a place to launch it there... i've heard the one at the campground on the north side is not great, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

35 whelen
07-12-2018, 08:52 AM
My buddy has a big 20 ft Lund told me they were in Battle Lake last week I'm guessing there's a launch somewhere that's all I can help you with

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

APAShooter
07-12-2018, 08:59 AM
My buddy has a big 20 ft Lund told me they were in Battle Lake last week I'm guessing there's a launch somewhere that's all I can help you with

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks

RavYak
07-12-2018, 09:00 PM
It is a shallow launch and not in the best of conditions. If you have a low trailer and it doesn't take much water to float your boat you will be ok but at 20 foot I imagine you would struggle.

I was there last weekend and there were guys in 12 fters up to probably 16-18 ft boats. Some guys were backing up till tailpipes submerged, others dragging boats on and off trailer in shallower water. Water is dirty so you can't see what the bottom is like, most guys don't use the concrete part of launch because it is in poor shape.

APAShooter
07-13-2018, 09:08 AM
It is a shallow launch and not in the best of conditions. If you have a low trailer and it doesn't take much water to float your boat you will be ok but at 20 foot I imagine you would struggle.

I was there last weekend and there were guys in 12 fters up to probably 16-18 ft boats. Some guys were backing up till tailpipes submerged, others dragging boats on and off trailer in shallower water. Water is dirty so you can't see what the bottom is like, most guys don't use the concrete part of launch because it is in poor shape.

Thanks.. how was the fishing? PM if you want..

RavYak
07-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Thanks.. how was the fishing? PM if you want..

Typical Battle. Some small pike and the odd decent walleye.

singleshotom
07-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Was out today! 1700 Lund off loaded an reloaded no problem. But if would be easy to get in trouble working in the mud. Got be carefull slow an easy.
And no great bite on a few bigger Wally’s an skinny hammer handles.....
But a nice day checking out the whole lake.
Ssr