PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying this person

HuntingAlberta
07-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Anyone recognize this individual? I'd like to ask him how he got lost and ended up on private property while trying to find the river (not close by).

Thank you!

JDK71
07-16-2018, 02:53 PM
he looks old enough to know where he should be and where he should not hope you find him

Dewey Cox
07-16-2018, 03:42 PM
It’s the kool-aid man!

pikergolf
07-16-2018, 03:46 PM
It’s the kool-aid man!

I laughed, but shouldn't. I'm pretty close to that.

Kurt505
07-16-2018, 03:49 PM
Sant claus

Talking moose
07-16-2018, 05:35 PM
What’s the big deal? Is that your hiking stick and fly rod or something?

bonedogg
07-16-2018, 05:38 PM
elbow or jumping pound ?

rem338win
07-16-2018, 06:39 PM

It's his damn land.

Sledhead71
07-16-2018, 06:48 PM
It's his damn land.

:)

huntsfurfish
07-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Its not me.:)

MooseRiverTrapper
07-16-2018, 07:40 PM

X2

58thecat
07-17-2018, 06:03 AM
Not me, he's too fat:)

biggyJ
07-17-2018, 07:04 AM
Post it on Fly Fish Calgary. If it’s around Calgary. Chances are someone will know him.

If they don’t give you his name at the very least they will at least tell him about the pic, which might prevent him from crossing your private property in the future.

dodgeboy1979
07-17-2018, 09:06 AM
X2

X3

SNAPFisher
07-17-2018, 09:23 AM
It's his damn land.

You guys that do not think this is a big deal need to rethink it or frankly live it. I'm totally with Rem on this one. It is especially bad if signs are up and ignored. That is what I'm wondering.

I have to tell you, try owning some land and have people at will take over, cross, or even vandalize what is your backyard. You might feel a lot different about this. It is very easy to sit back and say there is no problem when you really do not understand or have lived it.

I've confronted 65 year old quadders on my property, damaging the fish bearing creek and not a care about it. Totally illegal. Some all looked nice calm older folk...and didn't know better. And ended up threatening me... Yeah, real nice huh. Quite surprising to me and my neighbors. It opens ones eyes to all generations that seem to not care or respect other property.

Good luck to the Op in this situation. I hope it turns out in your favor.

bobalong
07-17-2018, 09:35 AM
You guys that do not think this is a big deal need to rethink it or frankly live it. I'm totally with Rem on this one. It is especially bad if signs are up and ignored. That is what I'm wondering.

I have to tell you, try owning some land and have people at will take over, cross, or even vandalize what is your backyard. You might feel a lot different about this. It is very easy to sit back and say there is no problem when you really do not understand or have lived it.

I've confronted 65 year old quadders on my property, damaging the fish bearing creek and not a care about it. Totally illegal. Some all looked nice calm older folk...and didn't know better. And ended up threatening me... Yeah, real nice huh. Quite surprising to me and my neighbors. It opens ones eyes to all generations that seem to not care or respect other property.

Good luck to the Op in this situation. I hope it turns out in your favor.

Disappointing how many members on here don't think trespassing is a big deal. Trespassing for the most part is not really an age thing or about being lost it is IMO about 98% an attitude thing.......no respect.

stob
07-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Disappointing how many members on here don't think trespassing is a big deal. Trespassing for the most part is not really an age thing or about being lost it is IMO about 98% an attitude thing.......no respect.

x2 - nailed it

sbchunter
07-17-2018, 09:44 AM
What gets me is if he just asked I’m sure it would not have been a big deal. I have only even been turned down once and that’s because the owner had bulls on the stretch we wanted to fish and he didn’t trust them. A little respect goes a long ways.

Talking moose
07-17-2018, 09:45 AM
Oh I don’t condone trespassing. No sir. But to have a pic of someone decked out in fly gear and nowhere near the river, I have to think he’s just lost or mixed up in his directions. It happens. I’m just wondering if the op thinks that maybe he was casing his property out? Odd to be bushwhacking with a 9 foot fly rod, tackle, and back pack and to not be near the river.

HuntingAlberta
07-17-2018, 09:58 AM
He went through my gates, clearly marked No Trespassing, and walked through my houses/buildings and to the river. His track through my property saved him about a mile of bush whacking to get to the river to fish. He obviously figured trespassing was a better way to go then to A) ask permission, or B) trek the river where he actually had permission, and C) he illegally gained access to the river and my property along a private road with no public access.

All in all, I'm sick of people trespassing and not caring about it. I've already had 3 gates cut open this year and it's not even hunting season yet.

Talking moose
07-17-2018, 10:03 AM
He went through my gates, clearly marked No Trespassing, and walked through my houses/buildings and to the river. His track through my property saved him about a mile of bush whacking to get to the river to fish. He obviously figured trespassing was a better way to go then to A) ask permission, or B) trek the river where he actually had permission, and C) he illegally gained access to the river and my property along a private road with no public access.

All in all, I'm sick of people trespassing and not caring about it. I've already had 3 gates cut open this year and it's not even hunting season yet.

Will this is different than your original post. From possibley being lost to straight up tresspassing . After reading this, then yes, he’s intentionally trespassing.

ddddd05
07-17-2018, 10:20 AM
Trespassing is definitely wrong. The way the government allows people to own land right up to the high water mark is also wrong. There is no buffer to protect our lakes and streams. There is also very little access to public water bodies. I don't think a 5 metre buffer is unfair to land owners

My family owns a lake lot and that is a huge privilege.

SNAPFisher
07-17-2018, 10:35 AM

I feel your pain. I know how that feels. Sorry to hear of your other problems as well.

I've had my fair share recently as well over the past 2 weeks.

SNAPFisher
07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
x2 - nailed it

Agree.

trophybook
07-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Want to rent my back hoe? It digs 25ft deep😉

MooseRiverTrapper
07-17-2018, 12:40 PM

Three gates already? Any of them across road allowances or public right of ways?

HuntingAlberta
07-17-2018, 01:06 PM
None are across public access points. All are specific access to my property.

JDK71
07-17-2018, 01:08 PM

this is why it is getting very hard to hunt private land when people think trespassing is know big deal .

matt1984
07-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Is this the same property you had pictures up of people trespassing on during hunting season?

Is it bordering crownland or lease land and people are lost? Or is there really that much blatant trespassing going on?

HuntingAlberta
07-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Different property than the one from hunting season (although this property also had people cutting locks off, driving quads, and trespassing on it in hunting season). More cameras and more communication with authorities in regards to pressing charges to hopefully deter it going forward.

This access point is across another persons private driveway, through a locked gate and along a good stretch of private land through my property to where this picture was taken.

In my opinion, blatant trespassing is just that big of a problem. My Cameras all catch people who should not be where they are, nobody cares.

Lowrance Fishburn
07-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Last week there was a guy attempting to sleep or rest or do drugs, I dunno, under a big pine tree on the corner of my yard, in the city! It's slightly protected by a hedge and out of the sun But when the dogs started barking at midnight I figured Id go have a look. I turned on my front light and opened my door and said " Can I help you?". Sure enough a guy emerged from the shadows and mumbled something, I think I heard a "sorry" and then he took off. I was rattled but only slightly, wasn't really a big deal. He was probably looking for a place to crash and not up to any trouble. But you never know, the only thing you can do if someone is trespassing is catch them in the act and ask them whats up. Not a damn thing you can do about it after the fact.

SNAPFisher
07-17-2018, 03:04 PM
In my opinion, blatant trespassing is just that big of a problem. My Cameras all catch people who should not be where they are, nobody cares.

Yep, it is a problem. If you ever want to go over all that myself and my neighbors did to improve things, probably best over a coffee or beer. Coffee for safer thinking :)
Seriously, I spent a lot or time over 2 years addressing from all angles and thankfully my neighbors got involved at the same time. Huge difference from then to now. I would be glad to meet and chat anytime about this. I know I felt like you when I didn't have the support from my neighbors or a good plan on where to go next.

Imagehunter
07-17-2018, 03:12 PM
and walked through my houses/buildings and to the river.

So he could have even asked for your permission? That's just rude and makes it worse in my opinion.
Just sucks that some people spoil it for the rest with these actions, I really don't get it. What is the big deal with asking for permission? Worst thing that can happen is land owner says NO!. I even had people change their mind after I said "Thanks, sorry to bother you, have a great day!" and didn't start a discussion.
All they want is some common sense.

clouserminnow
07-17-2018, 03:44 PM
This year has been the worst I have seen for people camping, parking and trespassing on land in Central Alberta. I have had to kick 4 groups off of 3 properties that I fish and frequently patrol. Many of them get mad that they can't do what ever they want on our property. I told them well if you had half million to a million dollars you could also fish here where and when you would like. They are all from Red Deer or Calgary and assume country folk like them sneaking in on their properties. And this sh*t about road allowances and high water marks is only relevant if you know where the hell you are and most don't have a bloody clue where property lines are. The answer will be no if anybody ask for access because of these bad apples.

:mad0030:

boonedocks
07-17-2018, 05:35 PM
It’s funny how people don’t think before entering onto someone else’s property. My recreational property has blueberries on it and I’ve had to talk ( several times) to little old ladies who have come to pick them. When I ask if they are aware that they are on private property ( unfenced, but posted ) I quite often get the same answer of “ We are not hurting anything”?! I then explain that I use the property for target/ clay shooting and that it’s in everyone’s good interest if they ask for permission first. That usually clears the situation up.