PDA

View Full Version : Kitimat Coho

b_doornenbal
07-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Anyone have any reports of coho arriving in Kitimat/ Hartley Bay Area ? .... heading out in 9 days !

Burbotism
07-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Anyone have any reports of coho arriving in Kitimat/ Hartley Bay Area ? .... heading out in 9 days !

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CranePete
07-18-2019, 08:52 PM
Was touring just above the hatchery today, and noticed a net in the water upstream. Went for a look, and had a brief conversation with the keepers of the land. They told me that fishing was poor, only the occasional chum. River blown out due to plenty o rain over past few days. No coho yet, no springs.

MooseRiverTrapper
07-18-2019, 09:21 PM
Headed out in 7 days to kitimat. We live on the boat and travel out towards the big water.

lund17
07-18-2019, 09:43 PM
I would very surprised to see wild Coho in the Douglas Channel at this time of the year. They usually come up the channel in late August/early September to spawn.

Heading out from Hartley Bay to fish on the outside could be a different story. I cannot comment on that as I have never been.

I would love to hear what your experience is like. Please post if you get a chance. I have been going to the area for a long time but my sons and I decided to head East this year and fish Lake of the Woods instead.

Good Luck.

MooseRiverTrapper
07-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Will do. Third time going with this guy and we don’t start fishing till after Hartley bay.

dodgeboy1979
07-19-2019, 08:22 AM

BC is dead, saskatchewan is where it's at lol.

Unclebud
07-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Heading to Kitimat area mid August as coho don’t start entering Douglas till last few weeks of August. Fishing west of Hartley Bay has s a good place to start first part of August. Bottom fishing is best end of August as well. Good luck to all!!

smith88
07-19-2019, 10:03 PM
Caught 14 coho out of Masset. A friend caught 5 springs and released 6.