PDA

View Full Version : Kitimat Hali Help

Bigtoad
07-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,
I've asked the question a few years ago and got some help but after 5 years of going up to Kitimat on our own my buddies and I have yet to put our hands on a Halibut. We've usually done well on the Coho but can't seem to figure out the Hali's. Ling Cod have eluded us as well...

Any suggestions or advice would be hugely appreciated (depth, preferred bait, techniques, locations, anything!). We're heading out there the second week of August again. PM's welcome!

Cheers.

Somehunter
07-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Are you ancoring on slack tide or drifting ?

Dark
07-26-2018, 04:36 PM
Hey guys,
I've asked the question a few years ago and got some help but after 5 years of going up to Kitimat on our own my buddies and I have yet to put our hands on a Halibut. We've usually done well on the Coho but can't seem to figure out the Hali's. Ling Cod have eluded us as well...

Any suggestions or advice would be hugely appreciated (depth, preferred bait, techniques, locations, anything!). We're heading out there the second week of August again. PM's welcome!

Cheers.

Fish trap.....

Bigtoad
07-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Are you ancoring on slack tide or drifting ?

Either. I've tried both. I think we have 200 feet of anchor rope. What do you suggest?

Ken07AOVette
07-31-2018, 12:40 PM
where are you trying?
can you give pins from navionics webapp?
how deep are the pinnacles?

Somehunter
07-31-2018, 02:41 PM
Gotta get way out. 6 or 8 inch jigs in blue and white. Pound the bottom on flood tide. If you cant ancor drift jig motor back around and repeat. Can even throw some sent on the jig also.
Always worked for me lol. Im positive thers guys on here that know alot more then i do on the area.

GMX
07-31-2018, 06:08 PM
Try north west end of princes royal island or out front of bishops bay there’s some good humps to fish there. You might need some more anchor rope it’s been lots of years since I’ve fished there. I did good at fish trap during slack tide and it’s good for crabs on the north end there.