PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun shunked me and 4 other friends

Huzza
07-30-2018, 10:36 PM
Weirdest thing happen to me and my friends last thurday july 28,2018. 4 of us was fishing at Wabamun and only 2 fish were caught, was out for 3 hours, one small jack and one small walleye. went to 6 different spot on the lake that produce tons of fish last year. but nothing this year WTF? anyone else had this happen?

pikeman06
07-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Nope. Nice consistent although crazy hot weather. Full moon plus or minus a week. We fished early in the morning mid depth 10 to 15 and the two lakes me and the old girl fished blew me away. It was like 1980 again for size and numbers. Put em all back. Not wabamun though. I refuse to fish that lake after the walleyes took over.

-JR-
07-31-2018, 06:22 AM
First time back in 4 years .
I was at Wabamun Saturday Morning and we did not even move the boat once.
Went to my old honey hole
Ran out of minnows in 2 hrs . then started catching on jig tails only .
Black or gray jig head . Nothing else would work.
A lot of small walleye with the odd 50 cm
Bite really slowed down at 11:30 am
Hopefully this helps

walleyechaser
07-31-2018, 08:29 AM
Weirdest thing happen to me and my friends last thurday july 28,2018. 4 of us was fishing at Wabamun and only 2 fish were caught, was out for 3 hours, one small jack and one small walleye. went to 6 different spot on the lake that produce tons of fish last year. but nothing this year WTF? anyone else had this happen?Honestly not weird at all. Late July/August often fish move to different spots. Knowing how to read your finder for certain structure or pick off the larger roaming walleyes and constantly move works well. This time of year it really helps to have a bow mount that you can move slowly with or snipe fish on the finder anchor lock catch and move on.

What was the water temp?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

dryflyguy
07-31-2018, 03:29 PM
^Water temp by Fallis was 77F Saturday and 78F on Sunday afternoon