PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rupert/port hardy/tofino boat rentals

Esox
08-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Anyone know if there's any boat rentals in any of these places for a guy who wants to go out and do it himself without going to a lodge? Before the negative Nancy's chime in, I have lots of ocean boating experience having worked my way through university guiding on the coast.

Jamie
08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Anyone know if there's any boat rentals in any of these places for a guy who wants to go out and do it himself without going to a lodge? Before the negative Nancy's chime in, I have lots of ocean boating experience having worked my way through university guiding on the coast.

Nothing in Rupert I know of.
There is a Lodge that does self guided up on Dundas Island.

I am doing a self guided out of Shear Water next week. (Central coast/Fly in)

Esox
08-05-2018, 01:50 PM
I just don't want to do the lodge thing or pay the lodge price is my issue. I get that they have their place, I'm just wanting something different.

Jamie
08-05-2018, 03:10 PM
I just don't want to do the lodge thing or pay the lodge price is my issue. I get that they have their place, I'm just wanting something different.

Perhaps Van Isle?
I would love to find what you are wanting as well. I just have never seen it up where I want to go fishing.

Shearwater is your best bet. You might find other accommodation than the hotel they have.