PDA

View Full Version : Upper/Lower Kananaskis Lakes...or any trout Lakes

Xplorer
08-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Hi Everyone!

I have fished the Upper/Lower lakes 4 times in the last month. I have only caught one fish in lower(decent Cutty).

I have tried trolling plugs, spinners and flies. I also bought and tried a downrigger(at various depths depending on where fish were marking on my fish finder) I actually posted here for advice about the down rigger and received some good advice too(Thanks).

I have also tried jigging, mostly for bulls, but I figure they are moving up to spawn so I did not try to hard.

I have tried trolling flies on a floating line, intermediate and full sink. I also used some products from wigglefin to add more action to the flies.

I read somewhere in this forum about other people not having great luck in the Upper and Lower.

SO...am I wasting my time? Should I try elsewhere? Maybe I am really bad at fishing from a boat and should go back to streams...LoL

Any advice is welcome...

Thanks

Lance

fish99
08-26-2018, 07:28 PM
the last few years its been a tough getting numbers of fish , upper lake cutties that I have been catching were on rapalas and len tompsons lower lake for bulls have been biting on large crank baits off the down rigger at the level you see them on the fish finder. good luck.

Xplorer
08-27-2018, 07:07 AM
Thanks fish99!

Thinking I might try another lake, I love the scenery and its close to my home but would like to get a couple of fish on an outing.

fish99
08-27-2018, 07:52 PM
barrier can be good for browns and some rainbows

chucklesthe3rd
08-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Barrier lake has lots of medium-sized browns. i've fished at barrier a couple of times and i've always seen a couple walking back to their car with a few trout in their bucket. i catch them browns close to shore with a simple panther martin spinner(fire tiger works best for me) its a good little fishery but it can get very windy at times. GL and HF Chuck.