PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Lake, B.C.

trigger7mm
09-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Has anyone ever been to Arrow Lake in B.C. I’m going to be there the last week of September, and what to do some fishing. Can only fish from shore though. Have a great long weekend everyone!

BuckCuller
09-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Your best bet is to fish where the creeks run into Arrow lake.
Depending on where you are there are lots of smaller trout lakes like summit lake, Box lake and Snowshoe lake.

trigger7mm
09-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Going to be at Nacusp. Thanks for your tips.

BuckCuller
09-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Kimbol Lake is also a good one. It’s about a four km hike but really good fishing.
Can be a little tough to find the head of the trail for the first time.

archerynut
09-02-2018, 11:15 AM
If you happen to be catching the ferry coming from revelstoke make sure to buy your license in revelstoke. Fish right off the ferry landing. The bull trout are fun. There's usually a half hour between ferry's so lots of time. Cast right off the lip where the ferry docks. Good luck.

trigger7mm
09-02-2018, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

trigger7mm
09-03-2018, 04:06 PM
If you happen to be catching the ferry coming from revelstoke make sure to buy your license in revelstoke. Fish right off the ferry landing. The bull trout are fun. There's usually a half hour between ferry's so lots of time. Cast right off the lip where the ferry docks. Good luck.

Thanks Archerynut, what types of lures would you suggest?

archerynut
09-03-2018, 10:46 PM
buzz bombs are always a good bet. They work real well on Slocan lake trolled behind the canoe. On Arrow lake casting from shore my go to is a black on yellow five of diamonds. Len Thompson number 8. Red and whites are good. Kamlooper spoons always work well for me too. Go with the second smallest Kamlooper in a red and white. They cast a country mile and run deep so you can cover a lot of water. When the water clarity is good you can see some bruiser bulls cruising around the ferry landing. Lots of fish congregate around this spot because they fertilize the lake from this spot using the propellers of the ferry's to distribute the fertilizer around the lake. Pretty exciting. People still come up to me when I'm pulling up bull trout saying "I didn't know there were fish in this lake." :sign0176:

trigger7mm
09-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Awesome tip, thanks! I’ll give that a try for sure.