PDA

View Full Version : Fort Saskatchewan boat launch

Alwaysskunked
09-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if the fishing there is any good? Is it worth the time or is it useless. Please dont say go to legends; i been skunked there for 12 days in a ròw (5 hours each day)

So boat launch yes or no ?

Mr Flyguy
09-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Can anyone tell me if the fishing there is any good? Is it worth the time or is it useless. Please dont say go to legends; i been skunked there for 12 days in a ròw (5 hours each day)

Good for launching a boat but have never seen any fish caught there at all. Maybe walking upstream from the launch there might be some decent areas but I don't know how far up one needs to walk.

What are you trying to catch?

StupidityKills
09-09-2018, 08:42 PM
It's pretty straight and shallow there. Your best bets are finding bends where the river is deeper or places where other water enters the river.

buckmaster
09-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Legends has always been good in the evenings. When do you fish? During the daytime? Ive fished there during the day many times and has always been very slow.

PwhyTwhy
09-11-2018, 01:20 AM
I have seen handful of people fishing there and never caught a thing. Its a pretty straight stretch with not a lot of eddies or pools - quite possibly none at all. If you do go throw your line into the water at the bottom of the launch - thats the only eddy around. Maybe you will get lucky. I would save your time though and scope out another spot.