PDA

View Full Version : Tournament fisherman caught cheating

alberta hunter
09-26-2018, 09:52 PM
I am long time walleye fisherman and have just started fishing a few tournaments. I herd the other day that a tournament fisherman was caught cheating in Saskatchewan. Is this just a rumour or is there any truth to this?

warriorboy10
09-26-2018, 10:27 PM
AH, do a little research into the tourneys in northern Alberta and you will find there is no shortage of the same happening!! So get used to it.. The thing is that these participants that cheat and end up collecting some cash actually think their good fisherman..
Oh well good way to donate your hard earned cash to tournaments you will never win. Sickening really!!

alberta hunter
09-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Yes I herd the guy was from Alberta.

FisherPotch
09-27-2018, 05:47 AM
Cheating in what way?

SamSteele
09-27-2018, 06:45 AM
I heard that they were caught trimming fins so a heavier fish still fell under the length requirement, but that info came from a different forum that had a discussion around the same topic so take it for what that's worth.

SS

Walleyedude
09-27-2018, 07:15 AM
An angler from northern AB (whose name I won't post publicly) tried to weigh in a fish at the Last Mountain Fall Classic that had clearly been "mangled". The tail fin was cut so that the fish was under the 21.5" slot limit. The angler was DQ'd on the spot and sent home.

That's all I know.

AK47
09-27-2018, 09:15 AM
The tail fin was cut so that the fish was under the 21.5" slot limit.

Wow, a true walleye conservationist trying to save and protect the species :angry3:

rasbok
09-27-2018, 05:34 PM
Wow, a true walleye conservationist trying to save and protect the species :angry3:

I've heard a few rumors about this. Be interesting to know how this all shakes out.

alberta hunter
09-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Wow!!! That makes me sick. What a black eye for Tournament fishing. I hope this guy gets the book through at him.

mikebossy
09-27-2018, 10:23 PM
name the name, a bit of shame probably wouldnt hurt

bobalong
09-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Wow!!! That makes me sick. What a black eye for Tournament fishing. I hope this guy gets the book through at him.

Cheating isn't really a tournament thing regardless of sport its a character thing.

Ken07AOVette
09-28-2018, 09:24 AM
I always wondered how many fish end up eating a bunch of lead shot after they are netted.

pikergolf
09-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Put a price on our wildlife, whether through contests or outfitting never ends well. People sink money into a passion, and suddenly they feel entitled to a return.

MooseRiverTrapper
09-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Put a price on our wildlife, whether through contests or outfitting never ends well. People sink money into a passion, and suddenly they feel entitled to a return.

Your really bent out of shape about money involved in sports eh? What about pro sports does that keep you up at night as well?

Walleyedude
09-28-2018, 11:13 AM
I wondered how long it would be before certain members here tried to turn this into an anti-tournament fishing thread. Sadly, it wasn't long.

I'll never understand why people are so willing to throw entire groups of people under bus simply due to the actions of the very few. As long as of course, it fits with their agenda, and it's not them being targeted.

It's an anti-cheating thread - nothing more, nothing less. It's really unfortunate that we as outdoorsmen often tend to be our own worst enemies...

pikergolf
09-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Your really bent out of shape about money involved in sports eh? What about pro sports does that keep you up at night as well?

Fishing and hunting are not sports.

pikergolf
09-28-2018, 11:26 AM
I wondered how long it would be before certain members here tried to turn this into an anti-tournament fishing thread. Sadly, it wasn't long.

I'll never understand why people are so willing to throw entire groups of people under bus simply due to the actions of the very few. As long as of course, it fits with their agenda, and it's not them being targeted.

It's an anti-cheating thread - nothing more, nothing less. It's really unfortunate that we as outdoorsmen often tend to be our own worst enemies...

Why is there cheating, money.

AK47
09-28-2018, 12:12 PM

I am more disgusted by how the cheating was done - causing an injury to the fish by cutting its tail fin is way worse than for example using some illegal technique to catch it in my opinion.

Walleyedude
09-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Why is there cheating, money.

Why is there poaching?

Why do people speed?

Spooner
09-28-2018, 02:55 PM

preach brother!

bobalong
09-28-2018, 04:43 PM

There are members on here who are constantly "throwing entire groups" under the bus whether it is something hunting, shooting or fishing. The anti hunting, shooting and fishing members on here is unfortunately growing all the time.

Ken07AOVette
09-28-2018, 07:17 PM
I sport-fish all the time, sport-hunting to me would be skeet or trap shooting?

Of course there is sport fishing.

I believe every fish caught then released is sport-fishing, but I may be wrong.

HighROI
09-28-2018, 10:51 PM
I sport-fish all the time, sport-hunting to me would be skeet or trap shooting?

Of course there is sport fishing.

I believe every fish caught then released is sport-fishing, but I may be wrong.

Well - you be the judge...

sport
spôrt
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Ken07AOVette
09-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Well - you be the judge...

sport
spôrt
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Sport fishing
Noun
Fishing done with rod and reel for sport or recreation

58thecat
09-29-2018, 10:15 AM

It is if there is a competition and money involved.....and then out come the cheaters.....just like any other sport.

stob
09-29-2018, 12:19 PM

Well said

barbless
09-29-2018, 04:53 PM
SPORT - "An activity involving physical exertion and skill"
Well if you consider walking a river for 5 km up and down stream and casting lures or flies not physical then maybe try a river with bigger banks and more trees and rocks. As far as the entertainment part goes, just watch someone try pulling their best lures out from a snag :mad0100: or the rookie (me) getting their best fly out of a tree branch on the back cast :sHa_sarcasticlol: Now that's entertainment
Sport hunting would be a great competition if we gave the animals weapons :fighting0007:. :sHa_shakeshout: HA HA Feel free to dis me I love it :happy0180:
And yes the cheating thing goes on and on in what ever you participate in. Years ago (30) fishing derby out at Mcgregor Lake guy got caught bringing a fish from Traverse and weighing it in. Don't know how he got caught but I was at that tourny (what a $h!t show) when he got his as$ tossed. CHEATER :argue2:
Gambling to me is not a sport but it's on TSN :sign0161:

dutch_m
09-29-2018, 10:17 PM
Yes I herd the guy was from Alberta.

Yes , he is from Alberta , Cold Lake Alberta , Ryan Johnson
He was the team captain

Supposedly , last year at same tournament in Saskatchewan, some fish were brought in that were oversized , so this year they were really checking fish good

Also , the story going around is they were watching for him this year , they say he was disqualified and sent home last year in same tournament 2017 for being caught in a out of bounds area ,

More will come of this yet
Everyone is Hearing That he has life time ban from Saskatchewan walleye tournaments ,

Word is getting around , wonder what should be done about the Alberta walleye tournaments , should he be banned also from them

fish99
09-30-2018, 10:10 AM
An angler from northern AB (whose name I won't post publicly) tried to weigh in a fish at the Last Mountain Fall Classic that had clearly been "mangled". The tail fin was cut so that the fish was under the 21.5" slot limit. The angler was DQ'd on the spot and sent home.

That's all I know.

the tourneys that I have been in for walleye in Alberta, the fish is measured and that length is then converted into a weight. it does not matter if the fish is skinny or fat or has lead in its belly. that alone stops a lot of cheaters.

verado eyes
09-30-2018, 08:01 PM
Yes , he is from Alberta , Cold Lake Alberta , Ryan Johnson
He was the team captain

Supposedly , last year at same tournament in Saskatchewan, some fish were brought in that were oversized , so this year they were really checking fish good

Also , the story going around is they were watching for him this year , they say he was disqualified and sent home last year in same tournament 2017 for being caught in a out of bounds area ,

More will come of this yet
Everyone is Hearing That he has life time ban from Saskatchewan walleye tournaments ,

Word is getting around , wonder what should be done about the Alberta walleye tournaments , should he be banned also from them
Better have your fact before posting stuff, Was Ryan DQ or was he cheating, Has the tournament saying he was DQ or Cheating?? Before making decisions contact the trail and hear what there reasons were,

dutch_m
09-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Better have your fact before posting stuff, Was Ryan DQ or was he cheating, Has the tournament saying he was DQ or Cheating?? Before making decisions contact the trail and hear what there reasons were,

Well Ryan Johnson "Verado Eyes "

Why don't you tell us all , enlighten us some , as so much rumours and story going around

Was you disqualified last year from the same tournament , was you caught trying to pass in fish that were oversized , was you in a out of bounds area last year and disqualified

Please please do tell us , I'm sick of hearing all the rumours and story's , let's get it all out in the open , tell us all that what we are hearing is all wrong

As for this year , 2018
Was the fish you brought in , tail trimmed , or was it just a mangled fish that should not of been brought in As per the rules ,

Was you given a 0 weight , was you disqualified

As for cheating or being disqualified , please do tell me and everyone else , what is the difference

verado eyes
09-30-2018, 09:18 PM
Well Ryan Johnson "Verado Eyes "

Why don't you tell us all , enlighten us some , as so much rumours and story going around

Was you disqualified last year from the same tournament , was you caught trying to pass in fish that were oversized , was you in a out of bounds area last year and disqualified

Please please do tell us , I'm sick of hearing all the rumours and story's , let's get it all out in the open , tell us all that what we are hearing is all wrong

As for this year , 2018
Was the fish you brought in , tail trimmed , or was it just a mangled fish that should not of been brought in As per the rules ,

Was you given a 0 weight , was you disqualified

As for cheating or being disqualified , please do tell me and everyone else , what is the difference

Last year we had a 3 rd fish over by a hair, And the out of bounds well ur the first person to say or mention this, we got DQ this year cause the fish they said was mangled, Not cut, They didnt say we were cheating, U want a disclosure ask the trail on there decision, If we were cheating we should of been charged, but no we werent cheating they DQ us cause the fish they said was mangled, Ask the tournament if u want more,

dutch_m
09-30-2018, 09:37 PM
Last year we had a 3 rd fish over by a hair, And the out of bounds well ur the first person to say or mention this, we got DQ this year cause the fish they said was mangled, Not cut, They didnt say we were cheating, U want a disclosure ask the trail on there decision, If we were cheating we should of been charged, but no we werent cheating they DQ us cause the fish they said was mangled, Ask the tournament if u want more,

The fish from last year that was just over by a hair , did it get you disqualified or just a 0 weight

A simple answer to the question of , was you disqualified for being out of bounds last year , yes or no

Or is that just more stories going around

As for this year , the so called quarantine walleye that you brought in , was it mangled at the tail , was it trimmed , the 5 others that looked at it , made the decision pretty fast , that it was a trimmed fish

Or was it just your luck that you just so happen to catch a walleye that had its tail trimmed , and was the perfect size to pass the measurement

How come you didn't notice it , after seeing so many walleyes in your lifetime , you must of laid it on the measurement board to see if it was legal or not

Jigapoolza
10-01-2018, 01:37 AM
Every competition has rules put in place to make it fair for everyone. If you get caught breaking the rules it's considered cheating. I think everyone would agree with that, of course there are different degrees of wrong doing. So when you get DQ for breaking the rules I think there saying you were cheating. I don't know how else you can look at it

58thecat
10-01-2018, 07:36 AM
A mangled tail....have you ever seen what a pike can do tuma walleye in short notice? I have caught some beat up fish, not sure on tourney rules but what the heck if I was in one and handed a fish in and they said disqualified for mangled tail I would question the logic oh well it ends up in the frying pan with a side of beans:sHa_shakeshout:

Walleyedude
10-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Every competition has rules put in place to make it fair for everyone. If you get caught breaking the rules it's considered cheating. I think everyone would agree with that, of course there are different degrees of wrong doing. So when you get DQ for breaking the rules I think there saying you were cheating. I don't know how else you can look at it

EXACTLY.

The SWT doesn't have the means or the desire to go through a lengthy court battle to prove it was the angler that cut the tail, and in the end, they don't need to. The facts are the facts, and they speak for themselves. He broke the tournament rules by bringing in and attempting to weigh a mangled fish, and he got kicked out, AGAIN. When an angler gets DISQUALIFIED two years in a row for blatantly breaking the rules (cheating), it's pretty clear to everyone where they stand as an angler and as a person.

Whether he's officially banned or not, he won't be welcome at any tournaments, and he'll have a well deserved black mark on his name forever. I hope his reputation was worth it...

rasbok
10-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Well said

EXACTLY.

The SWT doesn't have the means or the desire to go through a lengthy court battle to prove it was the angler that cut the tail, and in the end, they don't need to. The facts are the facts, and they speak for themselves. He broke the tournament rules by bringing in and attempting to weigh a mangled fish, and he got kicked out, AGAIN. When an angler gets DISQUALIFIED two years in a row for blatantly breaking the rules (cheating), it's pretty clear to everyone where they stand as an angler and as a person.

Whether he's officially banned or not, he won't be welcome at any tournaments, and he'll have a well deserved black mark on his name forever. I hope his reputation was worth it...

bobalong
10-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Ryan are you seriously trying to defend getting DQ'd from the biggest walleye tournament in western Canada TWO years in a row. Just a suggestion but your probably better off just saying I screwed up, I have now learned my lesson.

Sometime a persons character is truly revealed by how they deal with the mistake/wrong doing/cheating what ever it is after the fact, but it can often be worse than the actual wrong doing it self.

bobalong
10-01-2018, 05:56 PM

bobalong
10-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Ryan are you seriously trying to defend getting DQ'd from the biggest walleye tournament in western Canada TWO years in a row. Just a suggestion but your probably better off just saying I screwed up, I have now learned my lesson.

Sometime a persons character is truly revealed by how they deal with the mistake/wrong doing/cheating what ever it is after the fact, but it can often be worse than the actual wrong doing it self.

Correction not the biggest walleye tournament in Western Canada it should have said one of the biggest tournaments.

MathewsArcher
10-01-2018, 07:35 PM
https://www.facebook.com/saskwalleyetrail/posts/2475499229127188

58thecat
10-02-2018, 05:52 AM

That sums it up right there.

Thx for posting.

Freedom55
10-02-2018, 06:53 AM
... and have fished alongside and taken meals with both. While I agree with serious penalties for playing outside the rules, I am curious to know why all the heat is falling on R. Johnson and not on T. Gaudet. I tournament fish and have for 8 years and I know that no fish goes in the box until, and after, careful scrutiny by both team members. We keep careful notes on all fish we hold so as to not cull the wrong walleye when upgrading.

Seems unfair that R.J. is being sanctioned and Tom is barely mentioned- if at all- in the diatribes on multiple forums. Ryan is also a commercial fisherman in a family business while Tom has worked in the boating industry and plays on his long experiences as a touring angler.

As to the suggestion that a boat manufacturer in the U.S. should drop an angler from their client list is a ridiculous assumption. These boats aren't exactly free; merely discounted with the expectation that more boats will get sold.

Free

Walleyedude
10-02-2018, 07:50 AM

That's a poorly worded and completely contradictory statement by the SWT in my opinion.

I don't get it. Do people get DQ'd from tournaments for NOT cheating? :snapoutofit:

Jigapoolza
10-02-2018, 08:10 AM
I would say that for legal reasons they can't actually say they were cheating. But said they had broken the rules and that they were dqd. I said it before I think it goes without saying if you're breaking the rules you're cheating.

mikebossy
10-02-2018, 08:12 AM
political correctness will no longer allow for anyone to be accused or convicted of cheating, kinda like the participation medals society gives out today, it just gets worse,

you were disqualified, you cheated, better yet you were disqualified twice, you cheated twice, so apparently not only are you a cheat, but you also suck at cheating, apparently, about the only people or persons who would believe you didnt cheat, based on the stories provided by you and others on here, are your friends and Justin Trudeau, so ya lifetime ban for tournaments seems reasonable, to the general population, but hey please enlighten us more on why tournaments should find your behaviour acceptable, have at her, the mike is all yours

dutch_m
10-02-2018, 09:47 AM
That's a poorly worded and completely contradictory statement by the SWT in my opinion.

I don't get it. Do people get DQ'd from tournaments for NOT cheating? :snapoutofit:

They made that statement and worded it so no chance of a lawsuit , they can not be 100% sure who in that boat trimmed the tail , you would have to see it in person

BUT , they can be 100% sure that it was mangle , it's all about how you word it

This covers them as the rules say mangle fish can NOT be brought in or weighed , and those 2 walleye anglers knew darn well what the rules are

some have said that they the ""SWT"" were threatened with being sued , so they came out with a perfectly worded statement ,

Make no mistake about it , don't sugar coat it at all , everyone including Ryan and Tom know that being disqualified is the same as cheating and breaking the rules ,
It's a hard pill to swallow knowing that all your fellow tournament anglers now know the truth , social media these days is huge on something like this ,

Breaking some rules is just worse then others , and in my opinion this is just as bad as having a hidden livewell and having a couple big walleyes in it the night befor the tournament starts , like the cheaters that got caught at Tobin lake ,

Should it be be a lifetime ban from all Saskatchewan tournaments , you bet'ca it should be

and the Alberta Walleye trail should be looking at this ,

Being disqualified in both years 2017 and in 2018 , that's really crossing the boundaries,

I'm not even going to mention all the stories and rumours going around from other walleye tournament anglers about the other tournaments that Ryan has been in ,

silver
10-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Being disqualified in both years 2017 and in 2018 , that's really crossing the boundaries,

Three strikes and you are out?

58thecat
10-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Nope, just found to have been outside of tournament rules/regs in which a DQ is handed out.

Jigapoolza
10-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Are you trying to say that by breaking the rules they weren't cheating? You need to look up the definition of cheating.

Walleyedude
10-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Nope, just found to have been outside of tournament rules/regs in which a DQ is handed out.

This post would make Justin Trudeau proud.

Can you please explain to me the difference between "being outside of tournament rules/regs" and cheating?

MooseRiverTrapper
10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Obviously very competive and emotions are running high. Is a mangled fish beat up by netting it, a pike, rough and sickly looking? Or does it have knife or scissor marks on its tail?

When you try and weigh a dead fish is that not the same as the person in question was treated?

Jigapoolza
10-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Apparently it was obvious that the tail had been cut . I hear it was a perfectly strait cut was obvious. As far as bringing in dead fish there are no rules against that! you get penalized for it . Some tournaments you lose 25% of the weight of the fish some you get 0 for that fish .

58thecat
10-02-2018, 04:57 PM
This post would make Justin Trudeau proud.

Can you please explain to me the difference between "being outside of tournament rules/regs" and cheating?

Ahhh as in I didn't know....played all the time:)

Cheating...act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

When someone is disqualified, they are officially stopped from taking part in a particular event, activity, or competition, usually because they have done something wrong.

Now "wrong" is this a noun, verb, adjective or adverb....the trial goes on....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

58thecat
10-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Apparently it was obvious that the tail had been cut . I hear it was a perfectly strait cut was obvious. As far as bringing in dead fish there are no rules against that! you get penalized for it . Some tournaments you lose 25% of the weight of the fish some you get 0 for that fish .

I hear it had ragged edges as if chewed on by a pike....I hear, you hear, we hear but some one is not listening....the SWT did thier thing and are happy with thier decision.....

pikeman06
10-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Just a sign of the times....what isn't crooked and corrupt anymore? Alberta fisheries are on their last legs how can you justify a tournament on any water body with a zero retention? There is mortality I don't care how you handle fish. They get damaged and gills ripped out and eyes poked. They swim away for sure but that fish is toast so you basically harm the fishery regardless. Go get a job and fish like the rest of us. A buck for the biggest, first and most is as far as it should go in this day and age. Sorry guys it's not just about you and your particular interest anyore. Your gain is inevitably someone else's loss and vice versa. There is no place for tournament fishing in alberta unless it's an Asian carp tourney or maybe a sucker tourney. Thank your stellar fishery managers who have allowed us to kill off our breeding females and destroy our gene pools for the past couple decades... leave the last few stragglers to breed or let's go with heavy stocking and treat the walleyes like rainbows.

rasbok
10-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Is this post a joke ? So no one is allowed to catch and release? Fill your limit every time you fish ? I fish probably more then most and hardly ever keep fish. With your logic every fish I release is going to die!!

I actually believe 99 percent of tournament fisherPEOPLE handle fish better the the weekend warrior.

Get off your high horse.

QUOTE=pikeman06;3849400]Just a sign of the times....what isn't crooked and corrupt anymore? Alberta fisheries are on their last legs how can you justify a tournament on any water body with a zero retention? There is mortality I don't care how you handle fish. They get damaged and gills ripped out and eyes poked. They swim away for sure but that fish is toast so you basically harm the fishery regardless. Go get a job and fish like the rest of us. A buck for the biggest, first and most is as far as it should go in this day and age. Sorry guys it's not just about you and your particular interest anyore. Your gain is inevitably someone else's loss and vice versa. There is no place for tournament fishing in alberta unless it's an Asian carp tourney or maybe a sucker tourney. Thank your stellar fishery managers who have allowed us to kill off our breeding females and destroy our gene pools for the past couple decades... leave the last few stragglers to breed or let's go with heavy stocking and treat the walleyes like rainbows.[/QUOTE]

dutch_m
10-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Obviously very competive and emotions are running high. Is a mangled fish beat up by netting it, a pike, rough and sickly looking? Or does it have knife or scissor marks on its tail?

When you try and weigh a dead fish is that not the same as the person in question was treated?

Knife or scissor marks , ?

Who really cares , the fish master spotted it right away , the director of the tournament or the main boss in charge , made the decision and quarantine that fish , kept it alive ,

then they randomly picked five other anglers who did not know who the fish belong to or even what team it was from

they wanted a fair judgement and to be 100% sure , that's why they ask for not a second opinion, but 5 opinions
My guess to protect themselves and what's better then having like 7 sets of eyes look at it

they ""the 5 anglers "" looked at it and within seconds they all agreed that the tail was trimmed on the fish , and I also heard it was a easy to see cut , I wonder if Fish & Wildlife were notified of a walleye being harmed

No chance in hell did a net or a pike do that

it really doesn't matter if it was trimmed with siccors or knife or even if they shut the livewell lid down on it , or trimmed it with their teeth ,

they are the only ones who know what happen and you can bet your ass they will keep it to themselves , I'm just glad they got caught ,

Only thing worse then cheating with another mans wife , is cheating in a walleye tournament against your peers

Think about it for min , if the fish master never seen it , that fish could of maybe put them in first place , even in the top 10 , Hum

Shameful is what it is ,

bottom line is , they got caught and disqualified and given 0 weight

Last year in 2017 , he tried to sneak in a fish that was oversized , he has admitted to that fact , in his own words. " just a hair over "

Now again in 2018 he was disqualified from the same tournament , and this is way way worse what went down , this says allot about his character , twice caught ,

MooseRiverTrapper
10-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Knife or scissor marks , ?

Who really cares , the fish master spotted it right away , the director of the tournament or the main boss in charge , made the decision and quarantine that fish , kept it alive ,

then they randomly picked five other anglers who did not know who the fish belong to or even what team it was from

they wanted a fair judgement and to be 100% sure , that's why they ask for not a second opinion, but 5 opinions
My guess to protect themselves and what's better then having like 7 sets of eyes look at it

they ""the 5 anglers "" looked at it and within seconds they all agreed that the tail was trimmed on the fish , and I also heard it was a easy to see cut , I wonder if Fish & Wildlife were notified of a walleye being harmed

No chance in hell did a net or a pike do that

it really doesn't matter if it was trimmed with siccors or knife or even if they shut the livewell lid down on it , or trimmed it with their teeth ,

they are the only ones who know what happen and you can bet your ass they will keep it to themselves , I'm just glad they got caught ,

Only thing worse then cheating with another mans wife , is cheating in a walleye tournament against your peers

Think about it for min , if the fish master never seen it , that fish could of maybe put them in first place , even in the top 10 , Hum

Shameful is what it is ,

bottom line is , they got caught and disqualified and given 0 weight

Last year in 2017 , he tried to sneak in a fish that was oversized , he has admitted to that fact , in his own words. " just a hair over "

Now again in 2018 he was disqualified from the same tournament , and this is way way worse what went down , this says allot about his character , twice caught ,

Where does it say trimmed?? You keep saying trimmed.

They officially wording is mangled. What is mangled? Mangled with tools or is it a fish beat up by natural causes?

RavYak
10-02-2018, 07:39 PM
I actually believe 99 percent of tournament fisherPEOPLE handle fish better the the weekend warrior.

I have thought about this many times as I take pictures regularly for my kayak and online tournaments.

Skilled anglers often handle fish much better but they also catch significantly more fish which offsets the better handling techniques. It is not out of the realm of possibility for a skilled tournament angler to catch 10 times as many fish as the average angler. Do you think these guys also have 10 times better fish survival rates to offset the number of fish being caught?

I don't and that is one of the reasons I have decided I probably won't be competing in some events anymore.

Walleyedude
10-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Where does it say trimmed?? You keep saying trimmed.

They officially wording is mangled. What is mangled? Mangled with tools or is it a fish beat up by natural causes?

Mangled is the politically correct “we don’t want to get sued” catch all term for a walleye that had its tail fin cut by a human being. It was NOT due to natural causes.

If the account of the posters here isn’t good enough for you, call the SWT, or even better, call Cramer Event Management, the good folks that run the tournament on behalf of the SWT.

MooseRiverTrapper
10-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Mangled is the politically correct “we don’t want to get sued” catch all term for a walleye that had its tail fin cut by a human being. It was in NOT due to natural causes.

If the account of the posters here isn’t good enough for you, call the SWT, or even better, call Cramer Event Management, the good folks that run the tournament on behalf of the SWT.

That’s what I was wondering.

Walleyedude
10-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Cheating...act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or TOURNAMENT.

When someone is disqualified, they are officially stopped from taking part in a particular event, activity, or competition, usually because they have CHEATED

Fixed it for you.

pikeman06
10-02-2018, 07:51 PM
I had a snickers and it's still a farce. Bahaha. Anytime there's money involved there are gonna be guys that try to abuse it and it reflects very badly on the whole competitive fishing scene especially in vulnerable lakes or collapsed lake where any mortality at all is not acceptable. It's against the law for me to kill a fish and eat it but it's okay to throw a bunch of hardcore wallie dudes with electronics and gear up the Ying on the same lake and inevitably kill fish and pay them to do it. How does that make sense in any way? I'm done with this topic but if yer cutting the tail off a walleye to get a little paycheck to justify all the money you have wasted to be the hero I think you missed the point somewhere along the line. Big time.

58thecat
10-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Fixed it for you.

You used the word "usually" which leaves the door wide open for speculation in which this thread was based on from the get go....repaired it for you.

Let's see if this can make four pages....the SWT already fixed it.

Walleyedude
10-03-2018, 06:55 AM
You used the word "usually" which leaves the door wide open for speculation in which this thread was based on from the get go....repaired it for you.

Let's see if this can make four pages....the SWT already fixed it.

Actually, you used the word usually, my mistake was to use your initial wording.

It is no wonder that we're in the place we're in these days as a country and a society when you see a thread like this. It's an amazing analogy really. It sums things up perfectly, right down to the liberal speak and weasel words that allow everything to remain grey. There can't be a right and wrong, because heaven forbid someone's feelings were hurt or they had to take responsibility for their actions.

We've even got the wacky protester shouting nonsense and obscenities from the sidelines and getting arrested lol.

Freedom55
10-03-2018, 10:54 AM
And in the end, someone killed the fish for having 1/8" of missing tailfin. A walleye that could go on to become a slab. :(

mikebossy
10-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Freedom you're all over the place, and mostly bleeding heart libtard, 'its unfair to Ryan'...............no he cheated, period, nothing else matters he cheated, twice, ya maybe his partner should be implicated too, but its not unfair to Ryan, you're using the same logic as when 4 kids kill a kid at a party with golf clubs, and the medical examiner cant figure out which hit killed him so they all get off with
little more than a slap on the wrist, thus forgetting the law or rule broken, give me a f'n break,

at the end you're worried they killed a fish??? they cut the tail a bit, who says the fish is gonna die?? they care deeply about winning, oops about the fish, so i'm sure they put antibiotics on the mangled tail fin, haha

wake up bud, you're missing Trudumb's latest selfie

Freedom55
10-03-2018, 01:13 PM
In your rush to be a big talker you missed the point, mike. You missed my humor and I missed yours. Save your diatribes for your fireside chats with friends.

Sincerely, Free