PDA

View Full Version : CYCLEWORKS Calgary worst experience EVER!!!!

jurban
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I just want to let everyone know about how my recent trip to cycleworks Calgary when. I bought a new Polaris 850XP a few months again. So I had it in for some warranty work. I needed a new winch and my bolts on my prop shaft came loose. As I was dropping off the bike two of the service guys told me that if I have driven in more that 6 inches of water that my winch wouldn't be covered under warranty and that they were in the business of proving when it had been in more than 6 inches of water. 6 INCH OF WATER WT? I then told them that I like to drive in the back alley and on my lawn and winch off my front steps :p Anyway I get a call 4 days later saying that everything is repaired and no problem but I'm due for my 20 hour service no problem I said go head and do it. They do service find some more issues and said there is no way they can get the parts in time for when I wanted to pick up my bike the left steering knuckle tie rods and ball joints are shot and they told me my brakes are metal on metal on all 4 of them. So I said ok fine well finish up the 20 hour service work and I'll come pick it up and I'm going to to ride it the way it is and bring it back next week. Anyway they then advise me that I should ride it blah blah blah :rant: and then told me that they where going to charge me to put the bike back together. :realmad: I asked them did I tell you to take it apart.... there was a pause well well I I assumed we would be doing the warranty work..... Well you assumed wrong anyway I them told them there better not a charge on the bill. So I go pick up the bike and there is no issues no charges for putting it together. No one really had any answer as to why my bike has all these issue surprise my guess it was made on Friday at 4:30pm Oh well. So I get it home and I want to look at the brake myself and the issues with quad so I take the tires off and notice that the WRENCH MONKEY that puts the bike back together has bent one of my Wheel studs on and the brakes have 30% left on them not METAL ON METAL...... SO NOW I'm ULTRA miffed so I call CYCLE JERKS this morning and tell them about the bent wheel stud and that the brakes still have some left on them and well they say sorry its not our problem you bent it blah blah blah and well 30% is what I meant to say I said well this will be the last time I ever set foot or spend money at your store. I had the worst experience ever at CYCLE WORKS I would not recommend them to anyone!!!!!

Sorry for the Rant but I'm used to dealing with Ralphs Motorspots where I get real customer service and mechanics that know what they are doing!!!!!!

sheephunter
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've worked with Vince over there on a number of projects and they are huge supporters of the hunting community and have always provided first-class service.

gramps73
06-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I bought my ranger there last year and with in 2 weeks they had it back 4 times. It would not shift out of high gear..The service was less the great to say the least..

Sheep
maybe you get great service because of your celebrity status :lol:
Gramps

ducky_hunter
06-12-2009, 11:50 AM
use the polaris dealer in cocheran they are good

MWD 800
06-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I have never had a good experiance there as i didn't buy my machine there. A buddy of mine has had the same problems with them cause we didn't buy our machines there. I don't see why that would have anything to do with them making money but I guess that is how those guys do business. I use the local motor sports guy in strathmore now for everything... they are the best around. Strathmore motorsports... look them up. Graham treats everyone like a human whether you buy a bike there or just some wheel nuts. I will not deal with anyone else. Hope that helps you go in the right direction.
Joe

huntinstuff
06-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've worked with Vince over there on a number of projects and they are huge supporters of the hunting community and have always provided first-class service.

x2........Maybe meeting with Vince and explaining it to him may get you some satisfaction. I will bet on it.

blackpheasant
06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe "Vince" should train his staff about Customer Service....yes/no ? :wave:

DAVE
06-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe "Vince" should train his staff about Customer Service....yes/no ? :wave:

X2

FishBrain
06-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Funny, my boss said the same thing.
they gave him his bike back in pieces, after an $1100 charge. he wrote a letter to the owner, and has talked a number of his friends out of going back there.

Polarisnut
06-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I went to the cycleworks in west Edmonton a few years back looking for a used sled and even the sales people in that place were down right rude. I have a friend that bought a ranger at that same place and took it in for its 20hr service and last warranty work onit. They changed the oil and over filled it by 1 liter put the wrong oil filter onit among other things. went in picked it up took it to Elk Island with the paper work from the other place because all the wrong that they had done was on the print out. Elk Island made one call and cycleje*ks paid for it to be fixed. Needless to say I will never ever set foot in anyone of those stores.

Tuc
06-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Tell stories!

21 Gun Salute
02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm new to posting on blogs, but the Alberta Outdoors are true to my heart and I am a member of many hunting and conservation clubs. The GM of Cycle Works became a friend of mine a few years ago and believe it or not my situation started similar to yours. We have to remember there are two sides to every story. The dealers sometimes get stuck with lousy product from the manufacturers, they don't build them, but do try and take care of them. I have been a business man for a long time and sometimes you get a bad apple and things happen before you can correct them. My story with Cycle Works ended much differently than yours did however. After I went to the GM's office he promised to look into things and call me back in two days. He called me back two days later and we tried a few more things and my quad left me stranded again. The owner came out in his truck and trailer and picked me up. After two more weeks they still could not find the problem. The GM determined it was a lemon and went to bat for me. Polaris would not do much other than ask the techs to try more stuff. Warrannty work is very difficult I learned, you can only do what the OEM's tell you to, and what the owners will let you, or you simply don't get paid. None the less he took my unit back after 10 months of my abuse and gave me a brand new quad. This 800 has been flawless ever since, After that Vince and I have gone on several fun hunting trips and remain friends. I was really bothered when I saw your post, so I did some research. It seems your machine had some major problems, and the staff member you dealt with had been fired once managment discovered his short cummings. Too bad you did not stop by and see the Manager, I know he would have helped. Instead you chose to exercise your rights and drag CWC through the mud in every blog you could get into. I was very amazed how many sites you shared your view of the situation with. Its interesting how many people share their bad situations and how few share the really great moments. I'm truly sorry you had such a rough time with your Polaris. For those of you reading I would HIGHLY recommend you do go visit Cycle Works and form your own opinions. The views of one person should't be allowed to speak for the majority of happy sportsman. Infact, I would go as far to say that NO ONE in the atv industry has done more for hunting, fishing and conservation in Alberta than CWC in the few years they have been around.

nicemustang
02-24-2010, 10:44 PM
First of all this is a forum, not a blog. Big difference.

Second, you must be the owner of cycle works trying to get new business. Nice play.

Third. Agree with poor service, bad customer service and all around bad experience. Toys for boys is WAAYY better for Polaris.

Okotokian
02-25-2010, 01:20 AM

So given that, it sounds like Jurban should have a chat with Vince and let him know what is going on. A good owner will get it straightened out if you give him a chance.

firegod74
02-25-2010, 01:29 AM
The problem I see is that you shouldn't have to talk to the manager to get good service. I'm perfectly OK with the OP giving a store a bad review. To prevent bad reviews the store managers should be more on top of the employees so that they don't have to get performance reviews from customers.

Hevishot
02-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Man what do you expect when you buy a new polaris? Take a trip on out to Okotoks and go to Seitzco Motorsports they service everything but are a premier Yamaha dealer. They are probably one of the best dealers when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. Its a family owned and operated business and they treat everyone who walks in the door like part of the family.

Ken07AOVette
02-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Call Jim Roth at Cycle Works Edmonton.

Vince's Boss.

Mad_Mikee
02-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Bought my Polaris 850XP from Cycleworks Calgary. Good price but thats as far as it goes.

After my first ride, the fan wouldnt shut off. As it turns out a sensor came unplugged. Dealer blamed it on me and told me to pay the $60 charge. After some fighting words, I left without paying.

Service Manager was a complete tool and the guy who worked at the service dept was even worse.

Aparently the sales guy I bought from is known to all the local Calgary area dealers as "the surfer dude guy".

Slimey douche bag sales guy but I guess it probably goes with the territory.

I've been having my warranty work and service done in High River now. I had a huge warranty claim last year that took a long time to get resolved. Partially because the dealer was busy and didnt want to stick his neck out for a guy who didnt buy the ATV for him and partially because the size of the claim.

In the end, I had to stir the water at the Polaris head office in the US to get the "go faster" put on my warranty job.

After talking to the right guy, it's amazing how efficient people are. The dealer was my new best friend, parts were instantly available and work got completed in a timely fashion.

I tried to be very patient with the whole situation but after having my quad in the shop and unride-able for close to 3 months (June, July, Aug), I started to get a bit upset.

6 months of warranty and it sat in the shop (outside actually) for 3 of those.

Guess thats what happens when you have $7,000 worth of parts on a $12,500 ATV replaced.

sheephunter
02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
So given that, it sounds like Jurban should have a chat with Vince and let him know what is going on. A good owner will get it straightened out if you give him a chance.

I would think so......he's always been more than fair with me.

propliner
02-25-2010, 09:14 AM
I couldn't tell if you were talking about a snow machine (Polaris), a boat (prop shaft) a quad (winch) or a bicycle (bike) LOL. In fact, I'm still not sure.

FishBrain
02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Darn, wish I knew you were going there.
My boss, another guy I work with and their friend all got screwed by them, BIGTIME.

I would not recommend them to anyone, ever. and by your experience now, it just confirms it.
One guy got his bike back in pieces, and they charge labour to do the work.

21 Gun Salute
02-25-2010, 08:57 PM
First of all this is a forum, not a blog. Big difference.

Like I said I was new, I'll keep the responses shorter..thanx

hunter10
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
go to mountain toys in Cochrane if you need repair, great guys!

Dakota369
02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Your first mistake was buying a Polaris............ you know there is a reason why the Federal Gov. has to keep giving money to bombardier so they can keep their doors open.........

Ken07AOVette
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
What did Jim Roth in Edmonton have to say?

Okotokian
02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
The problem I see is that you shouldn't have to talk to the manager to get good service. I'm perfectly OK with the OP giving a store a bad review. To prevent bad reviews the store managers should be more on top of the employees so that they don't have to get performance reviews from customers.

You are perfectly right, that you shouldn't have to see the manager to get good service. However, that doesn't help solve the original poster's problem. We can walk away "right" and mad/unsatisfied/feeling ripped off. OR we can step back, calmly take things up the ladder and try to get a resolution.

As my wife often (very wisely) tells me... "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?" :D

nicemustang
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Your first mistake was buying a Polaris............ you know there is a reason why the Federal Gov. has to keep giving money to bombardier so they can keep their doors open.........

That's personal preference. We've owned many polaris ATVs over the years. We've switched to a couple brands here or there, but in the end we keep coming back to polaris. Very good product IMO and we've been very happy with them. They would last forever if we wouldn't consistantly want new toys :)

artie
02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Did you guys see the blurb on T.V. the other night. A guys polaris burned up inside his enclosed trailer. There was a recall on this polaris model as it has electrical problems and can catch on fire. The problem is when people buy used and do not get the recalls. They recommend that if you do buy used to registrar with a dealer so that you get the recalls. But I did get a new yamaha from blackfoot motorsports and never got the recalls. I took it in for another problem and they said by the way this machine has a recall on it. How would you know if they do not send you the recall notice?

lugeboy
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Well Jurban you are sure quick to say that Cycleworks are just a bunch of wrench monkeys. I don't know where you come up with that sort of Idea. I am a huge polaris fan. I've got 3 of them and I love them all. 7 of my friends all bought quads the same time and we all are in agreence And all bought at Cycleworks in Calgary from Todd he was great no slime there. Regarding the service I have yet to leave unhappy weather Just getting some warrenty work of some regular maintance done.

Jurban I think you just go on here for fun and try to bash the place because you want some free work done to your quad. They wern't born yesterday they heard all the stories and Bull from people about no I dont go in the mud (while you bring it in with 28" mudzilla's on the machine) When I do take mine in because I sunk it I am honest with them so they can fix it right. Also regarding the brakes 30% pretty much means worn right out espically if you ride in the mud. we ride over 1000km a year.

I would hope not too many pepole take his commets to serious because alot of what he said is in no way Cycleworks fault. He didn't pay for the work he didnt authorize(Thats good) They did the Warrenty work(Got what he asked for) and they recomended some steering work needed to be done and you wanted the quad without the work being done I wouldnt want to be near you when that joint breaks and you go flying into a tree. They are looking out for you.
If you took your wifes car in for some work and they told you the joints were worn out and become a safety issue you would probally not let her drive it untill it's fixed.

So to sum up you got what you wanted from Cycleworks so why so angry???
I hope you respond to see if you really do have a valid point bashing Cycleworks

AxeMan
02-26-2010, 07:51 PM

I've gotta agree with this. I have worked on most and I have to say I hate the way Polaris's are built. My opinion.....they are junk. If it's not belts, it's electrical, or water pumps, or whatever.

Mad_Mikee
02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Well Jurban you are sure quick to say that Cycleworks are just a bunch of wrench monkeys. I don't know where you come up with that sort of Idea. I am a huge polaris fan. I've got 3 of them and I love them all. 7 of my friends all bought quads the same time and we all are in agreence And all bought at Cycleworks in Calgary from Todd he was great no slime there. Regarding the service I have yet to leave unhappy weather Just getting some warrenty work of some regular maintance done.

Jurban I think you just go on here for fun and try to bash the place because you want some free work done to your quad. They wern't born yesterday they heard all the stories and Bull from people about no I dont go in the mud (while you bring it in with 28" mudzilla's on the machine) When I do take mine in because I sunk it I am honest with them so they can fix it right. Also regarding the brakes 30% pretty much means worn right out espically if you ride in the mud. we ride over 1000km a year.

I would hope not too many pepole take his commets to serious because alot of what he said is in no way Cycleworks fault. He didn't pay for the work he didnt authorize(Thats good) They did the Warrenty work(Got what he asked for) and they recomended some steering work needed to be done and you wanted the quad without the work being done I wouldnt want to be near you when that joint breaks and you go flying into a tree. They are looking out for you.
If you took your wifes car in for some work and they told you the joints were worn out and become a safety issue you would probally not let her drive it untill it's fixed.

So to sum up you got what you wanted from Cycleworks so why so angry???
I hope you respond to see if you really do have a valid point bashing Cycleworks

Sweet first post.

I ride all summer with JURBAN and I ride a XP850 that I bought from Curtis the "surfer dude".
My ATV had more issues than the ATV JURBAN is talking about.
We actually caught a few of the problems on his before they caused major damage. Unfortunately for me, we didnt catch them on mine in time.

600twin
02-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Just curious as to how you were able to tell if there was 30% left? Did you have a new set to compare? According to the manual as long as the brakes half the width of a dime they are good to go.
When i bought mine i should have bought 2 one to ride and one to scrap for parts.

lilsundance
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Well folks, I have no problem with people telling about poor service they got from a business if they actually have taken the time to try and find a resolution to the problem. I am not saying this is the case here as I do not know.
However you must remember that for every dissatisfied customer there are probably 50 satisfied customers. But you very seldom here of the satisfied people, why is that? Because people expect to be satisfied and think nothing of it, but as this thread and every other thread like it has demonstrated people are more comfortable complaining than they are praising.
IMHO people would rather complain than take the time to sit down and come to a satisfactory resolution to the problem. Wage employees have no stake in a business so if you have a problem go to the management or owner. Since it's their livelihood they are more than likely to go the extra mile to come to a mutual agreement.