PDA

View Full Version : mole traps

mole traps
04-28-2003, 02:42 PM
i was wondering where you would buy mole traps because there starting to cover our grass>:
>:

GWH

Mole Traps
04-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey GWH,

I've never used a mole trap but I believe I have seen them at Canadian Tire. If not, they are available from S.I.R. in Winnipeg or www.sirmailorder.ca or phone 1-800-265-6245. They are in the Annual Catalog 2001-2002 on pg. 195. Cat. No. 820100 for $21.99 each. It's an excellent catalog, ask for one if you call. They're free.

I did have a mole a few years back in my lawn and I used rat poison and that worked as well but circumstances don't always allow for this. Good luck and good trapping!

mole traps
04-28-2003, 08:12 PM
The ATA also has them as does Peavy Mart

Mole traps
04-29-2003, 01:28 PM
The Alberta Trappers Association offers a full line of trapping supplies at a reasonable price.They can be reached at 780 349 6626.The guurls there are quite helpful and will send them the same day by mail etc...Try them during normal office hours.. Hope this helps.In trappin furever...Zepf :hat P.S.Dang that fellar needs a coon skin cap!!hehehe..

mole traps
05-01-2003, 01:57 PM
I don't no why I am the only one who promotes ****kers. Why drive all the way to Westlock and pay more money. ****kers has longspring mole traps and is getting the box traps soon.

BigTimber - Slutker Furs
05-01-2003, 07:00 PM
All the more to you big Timber, but we don't all live where you do. I am out of Southern Alberta and I like the auction houses and mail order. Also, the auction at NAFA is in May and it will happen unless they have a shortage of furs. Thanks...

auction
05-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Pred and Prey////Are you drunk? The auction will not happen in May. You said that yourself in your other reply. Why on earth do you think that a fur buyer like ****ker Fur would send their fur to NAFA? What does paying a higher price or not have to do with you living in southern Alberta? Oh well I guess it's your money, waste it where you will.

Wasting money...not!!
05-02-2003, 09:21 PM
I strongly disagree with you bigtimber.Supporting a trapping association by purchasing supplies there is a good thing.The Alberta Trappers Association is the reconized voice of trappers in the province.The govt. disuss upcoming trapping regulations with us befor they are law.Alot of times they don t change thier mind either.We were responsible for allowing the resident trappers to snare.We are over 1300 members strong and proud of it.Its only through a unified voice can we make a change ." if we don t hang together.. we will hang one by one"You are free to blow your bank roll where you choose....but please don t tell others that supporting the Alberta Trappers Assoc. is wasting money.Zone 5 director and life member...Zepf:hat

Turney
05-03-2003, 12:18 AM
Why don't you get a hold of ****kers and see if they will put some advertising on these pages, so you don't have to comment every second day on ****kers. You know what, your making me not want to go back there because I know you deal there, and I might run into you and you'll give me a sales pitch on ****kers and how good they are.
Thanks again Bigtimber
Turney

Settle down........
05-03-2003, 05:52 PM
OK maybe your right, I do pitch them quite a bit. I will stop talking about them so much. I would hate for you to not go to ****kers because I rambled on. They do alot for trappers too. Jeff goes to bat for us all the time in regards to trapping laws and Wildlife officers who don't know the new laws. I guess I am just a really satisfied customer and I have been for years. Again, my apologies....

Hmmmmm.......
05-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Well big timmber over the last 10 yrs as zone director I have attended more gov t meetings than I care to rememember.Maybe yur a little misinformed as to the type of work the Alberta Trappers Association does on behalf of the trappers in this province.Last week on a day off I attended an elementry school in Spruce Grove and gave a presentation on trapping and the furtrade.Two weeks previous I spent the Saturday in Westlock at an all day directors meeting.Previous to that I attended the Boat and Spotsman show in Edmonton informing the public on trapping and humane methods..These are al volunteer hours...maybe you would like to walk a mile in my snowshoes????The big question is this...Are you a current member of the ATA.I think not....and I rest my case.In trapping furever..Zepf.:hat

NAFA MAY SALE
05-04-2003, 06:00 PM
I note that there was a mention of the May sale for North America Fur auctions. I thought I would pass along that this sale will now take place in June and it will be in Europe. This was due to the SARS advisory in Toronto.

Mole traps
05-14-2003, 11:04 PM
I've been a nuisance trapper for 10 years and I've never seen ANYTHING catch moles like the NoMol trap. Cheapest source I've found is at www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com.
I've trapped more moles in 3 weeks this Spring than I caught all last season! I just happened on to them while surfing one day, decided to try them and found out they're great. Check them out.