PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo ice shelter

wbaj
10-08-2018, 12:52 PM
I need to replace my ice fishing tent and am looking at the Eskimo EVO 1 IT, (Amazon $569.00) the insulated one man flip tent. I have heard really good stories of excellent service from Eskimo. Seems like a quality product.

Anyone on here with experience using it?
Any other suggestions for this type of tent?

Thanks for any input.

RavYak
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
I would rather have a wide 1 inferno for a one man tent but the Evo does have significantly more space.

The Evo style still takes some setup each time you want to move. With the flip style you just flip it over and start fishing.

I used to use a 1 man flip, 3 man popup and 6 man popup. I liked the flip for hole hopping, 3 man if fishing by myself when I didn't plan on moving much and the 6 man when fishing with other people or overnight.

To me a 3 man popup is only a bit more work then the evo to set up and gives you more room both inside the tent and inside sled for other gear.

Elchinodiablo
10-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Would you be interested in an EVO2? I have a regular skin for it and eskimo sent me an IT insulated skin last year that is still brand new and never used. The whole tent has maybe been used 5 or 6 times. In great shape. Pm me if your intested. Im in calgary.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

JohninAB
10-09-2018, 10:32 AM
I would also say the Wide 1 Inferno or one of the offerings from Clam.

Flipover is a lot more conducive to run and gun than the Evo which is basically a hub tent married to a sled. Also the Wide 1 Inferno is totally insulated which is nice for cold weather and the ability to lock it in a vertical position as a wind break is another nice feature on those warm sunny days where there is a bit of wind.

PerchBuster
10-09-2018, 05:57 PM
I have the Evo 1it and I really love it. I’ve used various tents over the years and this is the best one for me so far. Only takes a minute to set up and it’s easy to do. Longest part of the whole job is setting up the camera but the tent itself is up in a jiffy. A lot more room than other single flips on the market. Suits me perfectly and my fishing buddy, having now witnessed the benefits himself for a full season is pretty envious. By the time he has his pop up hub style tent set up I’ve usually got a fish on the ice already. It’s an awesome flip tent in my opinion, can’t really fault it for anything so far. The seat is really comfortable, lots of windows, room for some gear in the tub when you’re in there, better portability compared to hubs etc. I added a tow hitch and the plastic runners to mine as well so can pull with sled, atv or behind the truck when on the lake. Good luck with your decision but I highly recommend