PDA

View Full Version : NAFA Results

Turney
06-20-2003, 11:44 AM
The NAFA results are in on the Internet. My otter and lynx sold very good. Coyote and beaver were all right, but more than happy with the overall sale.
How did you guys do??
Turney:D :D :D

C-GMIC
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I did the early one for my coyotes 70.00 All my Lynx held over till the spring auction, lynx average was 170.00 , weasels were great 12.00 to 22.00 getting top lot for weasel. Marten were way down 75.00 Fisher was really good 120.00, stinky minky 32.00. These were NAFA averages. Sell all the big lynx to the taxidermist 200.00 and sell the wolverine and wolf to taxidermist. 500.00 for wolverine anywere from 100.00 to 300.00 for the big wolves, great thing about the txidermist is that he wants to skin it.

Rockymtnx
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Has anyone heard any prices of what whole frozen coyotes are selling for?

bullgetter
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
How do you find our what you sold online? How do I get an account number for myself? I took fur to Westlock in August to have sold at NAFA but have not seen anything yet so my first sale date must be January. This was the first fur I have ever taken and shipped so I'm a little new to the selling end of things. Thanks.

C-GMIC
12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
go to the NAFA website inform them you have shipped fur through westlock, you will be emailed with a user id and number

arealshop@telus.net
02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
what taxidermist is taking wolverine, get name and # if you hav thank u.

bullgetter
02-04-2008, 07:15 AM
I shipped some fur we had left in August in Westlock. NAFA did not recieve them until Dec.11 so they missed the cutoff date for the January sale. Westlock could not give me a reason for this as they said everything went out the same time but they obviously waited to long to ship them.

THEB
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Yes NAFA didn't receive any fur until Dec 11 because the cutoff was Dec 4th and it's shipped out the next day and then shipped to Winnipeg by truck. Which is still for the Jan sale. Most species were not offered on the Jan sale. Only Beaver,Muskrats,Coyotes and Raccoon. Any furs shipped for the Jan sale that weren't offered will be on the Feb sale. Hope this helps.

sourdough doug
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I was aware that NAFA had limited offerings at their last sale and just thought that maybe the amount of fur sent in, did not warrant them putting them out for sale. So, I wonder if they have an extra large volume , this time around, what will that do for the prices to the trapper ??. Plus , I believe this time around they might try to clear the warehouses of all those otter that they have been keeping around. I can understand them not wanting to give them away, for many reasons, but maybe we should wipe the slate clean and start anew. And, yes, I have too many otter there myself...I haven't kept an eye on the weather in Russia or China , so I don't know if that will get us extra hungry buyers or not.. I guess that is what auction sales are all about.. Think I'll go buy myself a lottery ticket lol...

Brian Bildson
02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
NAFA last bulletin said they were moving the otters at unreserved prices. They're reducing the inventory come hell or high water. They didn't offer marten at the last sale so I'm not sure where you guys arte getting your averages at.

C-GMIC
02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
from the numbers I have seen and yacking with two fur buyers, shes going to be a lean season in as much that I am holding my fur over till next season. I have seen this before and we will see it again,