PDA

View Full Version : Tenpoint Nitro X

powerstrokewelder
10-25-2018, 12:58 PM
I am looking to get into the world of crossbows. I love shooting my compound bow but want to expand my archery experience. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, with that being said does anyone have any experience with Tenpoints Nitro X? Anything else I should look at instead.

I also have a rookie crossbow question, how does one go about de-cocking their crossbow at the end of a hunt if you didn’t pull the trigger. Does Tenpoints accu-draw system allow you to de-cock the bow?

Thanks in advance!

Supermag
10-25-2018, 01:09 PM
I know a guy selling a brand new one I could put you in touch with.

powerstrokewelder
10-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Sure man that would be great, shoot me a PM with his contact info.

I'm curious as to why he is selling it so soon because they just hit the market.

CNP
10-26-2018, 06:34 PM
Look at Excalibur crossbows. www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/assassin/

You don't need a press or a bowshop to perform maintenance on Excalibur crossbows. To decock an Excalibur crossbow install the cocking rope, remove safety, push on anti-dry fire device and pull the trigger...…………..pull on the trigger while holding the cocking rope with one hand. Any crossbow that can be cocked with a cocking rope can be uncocked with a cocking rope.

KC27
10-28-2018, 05:25 AM
You don't normally "de-cock" a crossbow. You take a field point bolt and discharge it into a target, or there special heads you can buy. Ten Point also sells bio-degradable discharge bolts for the same purpose.

CNP
10-28-2018, 12:05 PM
You don't normally "de-cock" a crossbow. You take a field point bolt and discharge it into a target, or there special heads you can buy. Ten Point also sells bio-degradable discharge bolts for the same purpose.

That's another reason to own an Excalibur crossbow. I wouldn't own a crossbow that I couldn't safely de-cock it, without firing a shaft.

Decocking video produced by Excalibur:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PsYv_DCJU