PDA

View Full Version : Trapping a weasel

jeffreys 21234
11-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Any one have any tips or tricks wife went out to chicken coop this morn. An weasel killed all our chickens an rooster dog had it cornered under coop but of course I had 22 with me at work so I could cheak yote traps after work

Powder monkey
11-28-2018, 03:01 PM
Check out trapperman.
Check out old threads on there. Lots of info.
Any fresh meat for bait and a 1 1/2 longspring or a victor rat trap.

pgavey
11-28-2018, 03:16 PM
A victor rat trap with fresh chicken liver for bait has ended many weasel's lives at our old farm place. Phil.

tikka250
11-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Do a Google search for "weasle box" a little containment for a rat trap will get that bugger for ya.

KegRiver
11-29-2018, 12:05 AM
A victor rat trap with fresh chicken liver for bait has ended many weasel's lives at our old farm place. Phil.

That works, or a #0 longspring in a tomato can with a sardine in the back for bait. Or a #0 in a pile for chicken feathers placed in a tight corner.

I used to catch dozens a year, along with a few hundred Red Squirrels. It was our equivalent to an allowance.

209x50
11-29-2018, 06:31 AM
That works, or a #0 longspring in a tomato can with a sardine in the back for bait. Or a #0 in a pile for chicken feathers placed in a tight corner.

I used to catch dozens a year, along with a few hundred Red Squirrels. It was our equivalent to an allowance.

These traps are no longer legal for weasel.

philintheblank
11-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Another vote for rat trap and weasel box. You don't really even need to make a box, I have seen pics for milk cartons being used.

jeffreys 21234
11-30-2018, 06:47 AM
Well set up a trap but didn’t get a chance to test it out got call from wife on way home from work an my daughters an farm dog cornered a mink under the coop an the wife an ol trusty 22 took care of the chicken killer thanks for all the tips guys appreciate it

KegRiver
11-30-2018, 12:15 PM
Well set up a trap but didn’t get a chance to test it out got call from wife on way home from work an my daughters an farm dog cornered a mink under the coop an the wife an ol trusty 22 took care of the chicken killer thanks for all the tips guys appreciate it

A Mink! Good thing you didn't get to try trapping it. None of the methods suggested would have done anything more then educate that critter.

jeffreys 21234
11-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Yep that’s forsure mama was proud of her harvest An so we skinned it out An gonna try tanning it ourselfs so she can have a keep sake was funny when we first got the chickens she hated em but over the last year fell in love with em other then our rooster who didn’t think to highly of here so when she went to feed that morn an see em all dead it was on like donkey Kong