PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Sitka Fanatic suit

Z7shooter
12-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Looking for some post season deals, looking to get a new bowhunting suit to handle our awesome Alberta Novembers. Any suggestions? Any good sales in the near future to watch out for? Is the fanatic bib and jacket the way to go?

normanrd
12-02-2018, 05:46 PM
X2! I've been thinking about the same set up!

3blade
12-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Been using the cabelas stand hunter bibs for a few years. Can’t walk in them cause you will overheat in minutes, carry them out to the stand...they are an integral part of a system that has worked for me.

If you want Sitka, the equivalent would be the incinerator series. That’s what you need for treestand/ground blind hunting down to -25. Below that, you will get cold sitting still no matter what you wear, unless you have an external heat source.

bonecollector10
12-03-2018, 04:08 PM
The incinerator stuff is really good but not good at all for stand hunting. It is lined with goretex and to loud for drawing back on a whitey.

The fanatic is the way to go, its lined with fleece on the outside helping it keep quiet enough. I have this set up, my suggestion would be buy a size to big to allow for layering. As mentioned, I don't put it on however until I'm at the stand or you'll burn up.

Late spring they usually have sales but aren't great.

normanrd
12-03-2018, 04:46 PM
The incinerator stuff is really good but not good at all for stand hunting. It is lined with goretex and to loud for drawing back on a whitey.

The fanatic is the way to go, its lined with fleece on the outside helping it keep quiet enough. I have this set up, my suggestion would be buy a size to big to allow for layering. As mentioned, I don't put it on however until I'm at the stand or you'll burn up.

Late spring they usually have sales but aren't great.

Yup! This is what a few others have said about the incinerator stuff too and the layering. The fanatic is supposed to be the way to go!

Thanks for the info!
Norm

raw outdoors
12-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Mountain archery in the USA always has end of season close outs that are hard to match. I have ordered some stuff with good results.

Adrenaline101
12-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Blackovis or camofire (both same company). Last week you missed a decent 30% off everything Sitka they had.