PDA

View Full Version : A win for BC fishermen

Klondike
12-07-2018, 08:14 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/anglers-win-supreme-court-battle-against-u-s-billionaire-over-access-to-lakes-roads-1.4937132?cmp=FB_Post_News

Good to see the little guy win one

Sundancefisher
12-08-2018, 08:29 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/anglers-win-supreme-court-battle-against-u-s-billionaire-over-access-to-lakes-roads-1.4937132?cmp=FB_Post_News

Good to see the little guy win one

Gotta say I am happy for the anglers.

REMINGTON JIM
12-08-2018, 09:42 AM
This is GREAT news for use BC Anglers ! I will be there in the Spring !
Thanks to the Nicola Fish & Game Club for sticking with the Fight and getting this Victory after so many Years ! :cheers:

Cheers Jim

Flieguy
12-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Totally disagree that this is good news. The lakes were barren and on private land and the ranch pays to stock them, not the public system. It should be within their rights to charge a little money for a fishery they created out of their own pocket

Sundancefisher
12-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Totally disagree that this is good news. The lakes were barren and on private land and the ranch pays to stock them, not the public system. It should be within their rights to charge a little money for a fishery they created out of their own pocket

I suspect the government did not stock the lakes due to the access fight.

Now that access is legally public they will put it on their stocking list.

REMINGTON JIM
12-17-2018, 08:11 PM

You should MAYBE know a BIT more about this before giving your WRONG OPINION ! :argue2: RJ

58thecat
12-17-2018, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm Yankee Doodle with lots of cash flexing his muscles but lost the battle:sHa_shakeshout:

Enjoy the lakes and access to them but don't abuse it.

Flieguy
12-20-2018, 01:31 PM
You should MAYBE know a BIT more about this before giving your WRONG OPINION ! :argue2: RJ

I have lived in kamloops for years, there a literally hundreds of other stocked lakes within an hour's drive. This is the equivalent of stocking a pond on your own property and then losing a court battle that says anyone can now access it because it is a lake with fish in it.

Sundancefisher
12-20-2018, 03:51 PM
I have lived in kamloops for years, there a literally hundreds of other stocked lakes within an hour's drive. This is the equivalent of stocking a pond on your own property and then losing a court battle that says anyone can now access it because it is a lake with fish in it.

Public water bodies are public. If no public access then your premise is valid. In this instance the fight was over the road. Is it public or private. If public then the lake with public access is public.

They still have other lakes than remain private due to access reasons.