PDA

View Full Version : Could be in deep feces!!!

Marty S
12-12-2018, 11:58 PM
https://www.rt.com/business/446265-huawei-spat-hits-canada-goose/

The jist of the article?

“...Canada Goose may become the next victim of Chinese nation-wide indignation. In November, China’s e-commerce platforms removed Dolce & Gabbana products from their websites after its ad campaign was deemed racist...”

This could be very detrimental to the market? Much Chinese CG knockoff goods could get shunned as well by ignorant consumers?

Sure hope not! I’m kind of hoping we let this person go real soon? Let the Americans to their business.

HunterDave
12-13-2018, 12:44 AM
Oh, Marty, please. CG is opening two flagship stores in China to try get a foothold into the Chinese market which would be great. Not having CG expand there, or even having people boycott the two stores, isn't going to change the status quo which is pretty darned good for coyote trappers.

The drop in shares is speculative money that was betting on the Chinese market being a "thing". If you have money to invest IMO it'd be a great time to take advantage of the stock price and buy because this political hiccup will be gone like a fart in the wind in no time and CG will be selling a gazillion parkas in China.

But just in case, I think that this warrants another mandatory trapping course. :sHa_sarcasticlol: That'll fix it.

kingrat
12-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Easy chicken little, I wouldn't panick just yet.

Big Grey Wolf
12-13-2018, 06:45 AM
Mentioned before Canada Goose was just crying for coyotes from NAFA this fall.

bill9044
12-13-2018, 07:11 AM
Oh, Marty, please. CG is opening two flagship stores in China to try get a foothold into the Chinese market which would be great. Not having CG expand there, or even having people boycott the two stores, isn't going to change the status quo which is pretty darned good for coyote trappers.

The drop in shares is speculative money that was betting on the Chinese market being a "thing". If you have money to invest IMO it'd be a great time to take advantage of the stock price and buy because this political hiccup will be gone like a fart in the wind in no time and CG will be selling a gazillion parkas in China.

But just in case, I think that this warrants another mandatory trapping course. :sHa_sarcasticlol: That'll fix it.

For once I sure hope your right. It sucks when an intelligent counter argument is made and ruinined by an off the cuff sarcastic remark at the end. :sign0161:

trapperdodge
12-13-2018, 07:32 AM
The Chinese market is huge. It's prudent to be worried when anything negative happens in the market.
Trappers need this incident to end quickly. The Chinese are capable of playing dirty.
For sure this is not a good thing.

Marty S
12-13-2018, 08:54 AM
I think most people understand Davey.

So if the ignorant masses in China decide no Canada Goose coats, then the ignorant masses also stop buying the knock offs and next the potential is the ignorant masses stop buying anything coyote cuz hey don't know th difference. I personally want to keep the largest market in the world loving coyote fur.

Might only hurt your average by $50 or so. $30? $40? No problem right Davey? Lots of money left.

Dave, how come the ignorant masses in China are shying away from coon? Davey, how come otter no more? Used to be even a IV grade otter was a $95 USD bill.

The potential of this could be bad. Good thing we still have the rest of the world tho not enough coyotes to currently fill this fad for the time being.

nube
12-13-2018, 05:48 PM
And those paying $30 to skin them won't have much left now lol

Powder monkey
12-13-2018, 07:02 PM
Take it easy.
The market is there and so is money.
This year won’t be affected.
If it really goes on,we’ll see.
The one who is in power will do whatever they say to do.

H380
12-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Take it easy.
The market is there and so is money.
This year won’t be affected.
If it really goes on,we’ll see.
The one who is in power will do whatever they say to do. Yup , until somebody decides to :budo: him .

pikeman06
12-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Without China, south Korea any fur nowadays ain't worth the wood it's drying on. Like previous guy said they can hold a grudge and put the hurt on the industry just by not coming to the sale. Gonna be huge numbers of yotes at the first nafa sale.