PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing around Edmonton.

figmentam
12-19-2018, 06:01 PM
Hey guys. I've recently moved to Edmonton from southern Alberta. I have no experience ice fishing up here so I was hoping someone could provide some advice. Closer to the city the better. But willing to drive an hour or so to a decent spot. Not looking for anyones honey holes or special spots.
Hoping to get out in the next week or so.
If anyone has any recommendations on a nice quiet spot with the potential to catch some fish? Hoping to find a spot that is fairly quiet and not very popular. Not looking to catch alot of fish. More interested in a quiet spot to relax and potentially catch a fish or 2 this first time out.
If I wanted to catch alot of fish I would go hit wab. Lol.
Feel free to PM me if you dont want it to be public.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe Black
12-19-2018, 06:14 PM
The ice thickness reports are a good source for popular lakes. Even on these lakes you can find solitude ice fishing.

Not sure you are going to get much more info than that, here.

figmentam
12-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately that's what I thought. Probably going to just have to learn the lakes up here over time.

swampy45
12-20-2018, 07:33 AM
Its one of the busier lakes around, but even at Wabamun if you dont mind walking around and exploring you can find some awesome fishing and be all alone.

Wabamun Lake is a great option, but also...

Mink Lake
Jackfish Lake
Lac Ste Anne
Lac la Nonne
Pigeon Lake
Battle Lake
Wizard Lake
Coal Lake
East Pit Lake
Salters Lake
Chickakoo/Sauer Lake

Do your research, check this forum. There is plenty of info if you are willing to look for it.