PDA

View Full Version : That was a pleasant day out!

1shotwade
12-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Took the kids out for a little hard water action on a lake apparently Im not allowed to name. 2 guys walked up and we're enjoying the perch fishing as much as we were. Then we were told to keep our mouths shut and not so nicely. Like a see you next Tuesday!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

nimrod
12-23-2018, 05:14 PM
If those guys want to tell you to keep your location quiet, then tell everybody where it is, hard to keep a lot of guys off the lake

HuyFishin
12-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Like @EZM said! They all gonna be stunted once they over reproduce and fight eat other for the grub ;@

TROLLER
12-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Took the kids out for a little hard water action on a lake apparently Im not allowed to name. 2 guys walked up and we're enjoying the perch fishing as much as we were. Then we were told to keep our mouths shut and not so nicely. Like a see you next Tuesday!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

If you have a spot with decent perch then by all means keep it to yourself. Friends that you share it with will spill the beans on face book or some other site. They cannot help but brag and post pic's and that is the number one reason we no longer have good perch, what it is is the number one reason we have so many lakes now with just stunted perch. Same with walleye pike you name it. So enjoy it while you can, it won't be long before the internet is on to you and you will be greeted by many many fisherman who were able to find the lake by the great post's put up to share with their "brother" fisherman:sHa_sarcasticlol:

58thecat
12-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Hope you had fun......I saw you.....now I know:scared:

RACKER
12-24-2018, 06:00 PM
I highly doubt a lake of any size has had the perch depleted by over fishing by word of mouth. Who has proof of that. Let me guess-you were fishing and caught some big perch and the next 2 weeks a thousand people showed up and bam they were gone forever. I have fished lakes that were great for perch for 5-7 yrs and then for some reason they disappeared. And during that time there was a lot less pressured fishing. I get so tired of hearing lake x it’s pathetic. Don’t post anything on here if you’re so worried about your favourite spot.

trophybook
12-24-2018, 07:59 PM
I highly doubt a lake of any size has had the perch depleted by over fishing by word of mouth. Who has proof of that. Let me guess-you were fishing and caught some big perch and the next 2 weeks a thousand people showed up and bam they were gone forever. I have fished lakes that were great for perch for 5-7 yrs and then for some reason they disappeared. And during that time there was a lot less pressured fishing. I get so tired of hearing lake x it’s pathetic. Don’t post anything on here if you’re so worried about your favourite spot.

Snipe lake is 1 example

HuyFishin
12-24-2018, 08:31 PM
Nakamun used to have 100 trucks on the ice. In the end the lake winterkilled with tons of dead fish everywhere anyways.

Wes_G
12-24-2018, 11:20 PM
PCR for burbot is another one.

Information travels a little quicker now then in the day of the tin can and string phone.

old dog
12-29-2018, 09:27 PM
If u have a honey hole. Keep it a honey hole.

flyguyd
12-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Glad you had a good time . Too bad you had to meet a couple of bullys on the ice

Dano2395
01-01-2019, 08:01 PM
McMillan lake used to have awesome perch fishing and one winter, they all disappeared. It’s been 8 years now and still no perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZM
01-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Like @EZM said! They all gonna be stunted once they over reproduce and fight eat other for the grub ;@

It's exactly what happens to lakes with too many perch and not enough retention.

Some of the best lakes around here, with the largest perch (consistently) seem to have quite a bit of fishing pressure.

One of the lakes I frequent during hard water season has hundreds of people there any given Saturday yet we can catch our limit of decent 10"+ perch and even the occasional one or two in the 13"-14" range taken out of there.

Trick is to find the spot where they seem to cruise along regularly. Big perch seem to be be moving and it seems the hit an area for 7-15 minutes then disappear for an hour or so just cruising along.