PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian

mongo
12-26-2018, 11:53 PM
any report on ice and catch in the last while.

S_Mooj
12-27-2018, 12:53 AM
any report on ice and catch in the last while.

ill be headed out there for the first time this weekend. any pointers for a first timer?

pinelakeperch
12-27-2018, 08:40 AM
There was anywhere from 8-14 inches there when I was out a couple weeks ago, and there have been some chilly days since then. I wouldn't worry about walking on the ice whatsoever, but would probably be cautious driving. Small lake anyways; easily walkable.

Look for ~6-10 feet of water on the south side of the lake and use your usual trout presentations. I personally like to drill two holes; one for a slip bobber and the other for a tungsten jig. I'll occasionally use a rippin rap or slab rap as well.

pinelakeperch
12-31-2018, 01:42 PM
ill be headed out there for the first time this weekend. any pointers for a first timer?

How did you do? I'll likely be out tomorrow.

dogg909
01-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Hows busy is this lake on a typical winter weekend? Looking to get out and try catching a tiger for the first time. Any pointers on lures?

I'm a winter whitefish hunter for the most part. My box is full of wire worms and small spoons and jigs.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Many Thanks!

pinelakeperch
01-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Hows busy is this lake on a typical winter weekend? Looking to get out and try catching a tiger for the first time. Any pointers on lures?

I'm a winter whitefish hunter for the most part. My box is full of wire worms and small spoons and jigs.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Many Thanks!

I'd say on average there are 4-8 groups on the lake. There are a number of permanent shacks on the lake, though I find that the owners often aren't there.

If you catch a fish, it'll likely be a tiger. Fish on the south end in 6-10 FOW. Small jigging spoons, jigs, etc. PM me if you have any specific questions.

dogg909
01-08-2019, 02:57 PM
I'd say on average there are 4-8 groups on the lake. There are a number of permanent shacks on the lake, though I find that the owners often aren't there.

If you catch a fish, it'll likely be a tiger. Fish on the south end in 6-10 FOW. Small jigging spoons, jigs, etc. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Awesome, appreciate the information!

Cheers

Crazy Horse
01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Shrimp. Cheese. Jigging with a spoon brought them in then they would hammer the bait. I read that somewhere couple weeks ago.