PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone cases-screen covers

fishinhogdaddy
12-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Good Day and the best of the holiday season to everyone.

Got an new iPhone 7 gifted to me.

Bloody slippery little rascal! I can tell it isn't gonna be too long before this wafer thin thing hits a surface it won't like and explode!
Best Screen protector brands?
Cases?
Lots on-line but unless you see, touch, know the brands, or use them, it's tough to buy. I am certainly not looking to spend another hundo on what claims to be waterproof, dropped from 10ft 20 times etc. but want something, just not sure.
Thanks in advance for the responses.

Wishing all a better year in 2019, more jobs, good health and love that everyone deserves, from those that surround you.
FHD

warriorboy10
12-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Have the same issue with phones. Ended up going with a Mophie cover/battery. My phone has hit the concrete many times and the mophie has been a saviour, also it’s a secondary battery pack, I’d guess it doubles the daily battery. Charge it every night and good to go in am.

GunnerySgtJackson
12-27-2018, 03:19 PM
I have an "Otter Box Defender" (I think thats what its called) Bulks up the size of the phone a fair bit but well worth it. I tend to treat the thing pretty rough but sure protects the phone!

I walked into company stores the other day and saw the storesman's phone sitting on his desk looking scratched, screen cracked, really banged up! I said to him "you should get an Otter Box for your next phone, could save you all that damage! What happened to get all that?" He says, "Damn springer Spaniel got hold of it. Chewed the cover right off it! Cracked the screen! And to really peeve me off, I found two long distance calls to Purina on it!"..........:)

vinny
12-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Lifeproof case. Waterproof, dirt, dust, snow. No prob. Drop mine all the time. Gets beat up at work. Like new underneath. When I dirt bike I tuck it in the top of my boot. They’re awesome cases.

newdrenalin
12-27-2018, 04:16 PM
I've had both Otter Box and Lifeproof. Both do a great job protecting your phone. The main problem I have with them is the screen protector getting so scratched up that in bright light its hard to see. But I guess that means they are doing their job.

Bigfeet
12-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Des McCaffery (the Albertan wildlife artist) has some wildlife scene covers. Not sure how easy they are to hold onto, but they look pretty nice.

bat119
12-27-2018, 04:29 PM
The wife bought me a Seacosmo case for my Iphone 8 plus it's waterproof drop proof from 6 ft and I suspect possibly bullet proof being made out of aluminum. The downside its heavy and BIG I'll see how it works out.

http://seacosmo.com/

sns2
12-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Otter Box is good insurance.

Deep
12-27-2018, 06:04 PM
2x on the otterbox.....great tuff container for a phone.

MountainTi
12-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Otterbox from amazon.ca

bushnell
12-27-2018, 09:00 PM
another one for otterbox defender.

huntsfurfish
12-27-2018, 09:22 PM
Otterbox has saved my phone more than once. Have the Note 8 with curved screen. Mophie screen protector broke with in a couple days. Started looking for a good replacement (tried about 4 or 5) the best I found was on amazon from techarmor. Seems to work best with the otterbox defender(gone through about 3 of them already) but they are way less money than most 12 - or 13 dollars each. One of the best cheap ones out there imho.

nast70
12-28-2018, 08:14 AM
Another vote for the Otterbox. Coupled with a Zagg glass screen cover.
Put them on both my wifes phone and mine, hers has already paid for itself.

urban rednek
12-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Another vote for the Otterbox Defender series. As well as protecting the phone from serious abuse, it provides a decent grip surface for holding, and the belt clip holster is handy for when you don't have a convenient pocket.

Savage Bacon
12-28-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm a heavy duty mechanic and I use the otterbox. No complaints at. I run the place so I do the easiest jobs and the hardest jobs. The case has a spring clip that keeps the phone in my chest pocket even when I'm hanging upside down. And the times it has fallen out, it's survived. I also believe it has a lifetime warranty. If you break it, take a pic and they'll send a replacement.

My phone is a samsung with curved glass edges so the glass screen protector I got kept popping off so I went to crossiron mall and got the ghost armour screen protector installed. It's a bit beat up of course because of what my phone goes through but again no complaints. And they cure it with a fancy uv box. I think it was $30 and if there are any future issues they replace it for $10.

Hope this helps