PDA

View Full Version : Alibaba

Jerry D
12-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Does anyone or has anyone ordered from alibaba before?

How does the whole process work. I am looking at mesh nets to that go on a skid to hold firewood.

Thanks Gerard

Spidey
12-28-2018, 06:51 PM
I've ordered from Aliexpress, which is Alibaba's retail website. Hit or miss for me. Some items were really good (phone cases, knock-off jerseys and sunglasses) and some were junk (watches and anything electronic) . Word of warning - don't order LED GU10 or halogen-rated lights from China unless you like the look of a greenish complexion in the bathroom mirror in the morning... :sick:

GenericArt
12-28-2018, 11:23 PM
I second what Spidey said. I too use the Aliexpress app and have also had a mix of quality come from them. But most of it has been good for me. I find ordering by reviews/rating helps filter out the bad stuff.

DisplacedCaper
12-29-2018, 12:15 AM
Same as the previous two reply’s for me with aliexpress. On average I’ve waited 3-4 weeks to receive what I purchased. Mixed quality goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lornce
12-29-2018, 07:29 AM
Ordered twice, fly tying tools and some artists brushes. Both items not as described and both ended up in the landfill. I'll not order again.

Trochu
05-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Does anyone or has anyone ordered from alibaba before?

How does the whole process work. I am looking at mesh nets to that go on a skid to hold firewood.

Thanks Gerard

I know this is an old post, but did you end up buying the nets through Alibaba?

I've looking at buying an item through them, and I'm not so much concerned about the product being slightly different than described, it's not getting the product at all after I've paid.

KGB
05-03-2022, 12:00 PM
I purchased from AliExpress a few times, it took about 3 weeks to get the parcel here.

Grizzly Adams1
05-03-2022, 02:00 PM
Ordered twice, fly tying tools and some artists brushes. Both items not as described and both ended up in the landfill. I'll not order again.

Scope rings I ordered, good news being I got a refund.

https://i.imgur.com/vw6EqJs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RYR5W8u.jpg

Grizz

Trochu
05-03-2022, 02:21 PM
Scope rings I ordered, good news being I got a refund.
Grizz

If you needed help mounting the scope, just should have let Elk know, I'm sure he would have helped! :sHa_shakeshout:

So questionable quality should likely be a concern, appreciate the feedback.

EZM
05-03-2022, 03:25 PM
Amazon is bad enough for Chinese low quality knock offs and you have to be careful who the seller is ......... Alibaba is EVEN WORSE and you can almost guarantee you are wasting your money. It's ALL crap.

If your OK with that .... then have at it - if you need even a basic level of quality in your products, stay away, you will be disappointed.

kronk
05-03-2022, 06:17 PM
My company deals pretty much exclusively with Alibaba. There is a lot of cheap crap from China, and a lot of good quality stuff for cheap.

When we ordered a laser, we were about three months of research. I just got some custom LED's, and cameras. Went through dozens of samples. You have to pay shipping on everything too. If you're going for something that the shipping is by boat, even if the seller is rated high, they may be inland, and cost thousands extra to get to port.

When it arrives in Canada, the freight forwarders and customs clearance nickel and dime you to death. We lost a deposit on trucking because of an unforeseen $1.26 that was outstanding with the forwarders.

It's an expensive learning process, usually with a language barrier. I have been learning chinese for the last year just to help with this.

The Cook
05-03-2022, 06:27 PM
Amazon is bad enough for Chinese low quality knock offs and you have to be careful who the seller is ......... Alibaba is EVEN WORSE and you can almost guarantee you are wasting your money. It's ALL crap.

If your OK with that .... then have at it - if you need even a basic level of quality in your products, stay away, you will be disappointed.

Chinese quality at it's finest.

RandyBoBandy
05-03-2022, 09:01 PM
Chinese quality at it's finest.
Is mediocrity at best :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jeron Kahyar
05-04-2022, 08:56 AM
Just to clarify you are planing to order from Alibaba and not AliExpress?

This will be an important distinction as the process will be very different between them.

Kronk has said the rest well (assuming it is Alibaba). There is good and bad quality items as with everywhere else. You need to do a fair bit of work to ensure you are getting exactly what you wanted (owness is all on you for that). You will also have to check shipping carefully as stated.

If you are getting anything custom made Extrusion dies, Moulds, Machine Work, ect make sure you have good communication with them (it is hard with a language barrier). This will make the difference in getting something usable and not. Most sellers are good at contacting you (often to good).

fishtank
05-04-2022, 09:07 AM
Hit or missed with quality … so ignored all the iso and certifications / specs cause they don’t have em . Think of it as a dollar store/ uncle wieners/ princess auto quality and price