PDA

View Full Version : Wow new scam. Almost got me

NINJABABY
12-28-2018, 10:33 PM
So I got new bell phone service 4 days ago and paid for phone.
Today I got a text message that I over paid my last bill.
I click the link and it asked me to login to get my $93.

I thought for a moment that I never paid my bill yet how come I overpaid?
After checking the text messages carefully, I found out it was a scam.

This is what I for as message.

Bell msg: Hi, you have been overcharged on last payments. See mobi-provider.com

Savage Bacon
12-28-2018, 10:57 PM
Jeez they will try anything and sound convincing too. Last year I got a call from "revenue canada" about a bunch of money I owed them. I got worried then it started sounding a little fishy.

chris762
12-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Lousy scammers....... Thanks for the heads up!

RZR
12-29-2018, 10:08 AM
I get those scams all the time. Simple solution, if it’s to good to be true then it usually is a scam.

.257Weatherby
12-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Jeez they will try anything and sound convincing too. Last year I got a call from "revenue canada" about a bunch of money I owed them. I got worried then it started sounding a little fishy.

Right about the time the idiot on the other end suggested you would have a Warrant issued for your immediate arrest eh?
They want to refund me money they can send me the cheque or credit my account.
Rob

Dick284
12-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Happens all the time on my work phone..... problem is I don’t see the bill, nor do I have to deal with paying it.

On a side note wouldn’t the phone company just credit your bill if you over paid?

Savage Bacon
12-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Exactly! With the amount of money they take from me there's no way I could owe more lol.

Jack Hardin
12-29-2018, 11:03 AM
I like the one from Revenue Canada where it is now the police calling saying that if the over due taxes are not paid by a certain time the warrant issued will be served. The funny part is the police officer calls himself Sgt John Thompson of the Calgary Police Force (they haven't used the term "Force" for years, it's now "Service") but he has an East Indian accent.

6.5 shooter
12-29-2018, 11:52 AM
I figure if they want their money so bad they can send me a bill in the mail.