PDA

View Full Version : Shack Broken into at Gull

Hilgy
12-31-2018, 03:13 PM
Hopefully the owner will see this here. This must have happened Saturday night as it wasn’t busted up on Sat afternoon when we left. Anyhow this is how it still sits as I didnt have any tools with me to screw the door shut for now. I’ll take stuff with me tomorrow to seal it up for now tomorrow in case the owner doesn’t see this post. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181231/57b5668146207d894a0dae67984e385f.jpg

My wife showed me a story on Facebook of one of the nice rental shacks that got busted into the other night on Gull as well but the D bags were caught and their names were posted so hopefully they get what’s coming to them in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58thecat
12-31-2018, 03:17 PM
Hope someone saw something, good on you to help out and close it up.

Half Pickereled
12-31-2018, 04:24 PM
They went the hardest way about getting in there wow. The hasp isn’t even installed correctly protecting the 4 screws form simply being backed out. Not saying that a hasp is strong anyway. But to break into a shack with smaller windows, and a steel door by cutting it apart, you would think those skills would be better used working in a trade or some sort of job to support yourself. I wonder if they knew what was in there to motivate them that much?

NCC
12-31-2018, 04:28 PM
It looks like grinder dust in the snow under the door so they likely had a cordless grinder. Instead of simply cutting the lock, they decided to destroy the door. Hopefully they found a jug of methanol and partied all night with it.

Hilgy
12-31-2018, 06:39 PM
If I recall correctly from seeing it the other day there was a large metal bar across the middle of the door that is missing now. It almost looked to me like they jammed something in the door and drive away.

I can’t tell you how much this stuff drives me crazy. You shouldn’t need to live your life worried about building too nice of a shack because it will probably get trashed by some loser that can’t put in the effort to get his own.

Ps if the owner does see this and would rather I just leave the door alone send me a PM or something otherwise I’ll probably just screw a piece of plywood over it tomorrow when I’m out there.

D-Dub
12-31-2018, 08:48 PM
If I recall correctly from seeing it the other day there was a large metal bar across the middle of the door that is missing now. It almost looked to me like they jammed something in the door and drive away.

I can’t tell you how much this stuff drives me crazy. You shouldn’t need to live your life worried about building too nice of a shack because it will probably get trashed by some loser that can’t put in the effort to get his own.

Ps if the owner does see this and would rather I just leave the door alone send me a PM or something otherwise I’ll probably just screw a piece of plywood over it tomorrow when I’m out there.

Good on ya Hilgy. Hate scum rats that do this kind of crap too..

PlayDoh
12-31-2018, 09:38 PM
WTAF? Who’s that retarded? 2 two foot cuts vs a hasp? A shack in storage? They were after the wood stove? They need to build a couple new prisons and start locking these meth-heads up for long enough that it spares the rest of us billions. Until that happens, nothing is safe from brainless but brazen theft.

Dean2
01-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Good on you for helping out the owner and for posting this. People say Fentanyl is a problem, this kind of stuff becoming so prevalent makes me think, maybe it really isn't.

last minute
01-01-2019, 12:42 PM
They went the hardest way about getting in there wow. True

I have to think who ever did it isn't very smart Amateur hour:thinking-006:

wind drift
01-01-2019, 02:05 PM
The crappy reality is that such break-ins are almost inevitable, given the passage of enough tiime. In a lot of cases, I think repairing the damage would be more costly than the loss of stuff. Would it be better to leave doors unlocked and just not leave valuables inside?

HowSwedeItIs
01-01-2019, 03:18 PM
The crappy reality is that such break-ins are almost inevitable, given the passage of enough tiime. In a lot of cases, I think repairing the damage would be more costly than the loss of stuff. Would it be better to leave doors unlocked and just not leave valuables inside?

If they figure they can get away with it, they might just trash the place anyway- to "teach" you "a lesson"

Kim473
01-02-2019, 05:23 AM
More and more thefts and break ins in the last few years. I wish the laws with regards to fines and prison time would be increased and inforced 100 X more. Also the police need to step up to the plate 10 fold on these type of crimes rather than speed enforcement and stuff. Get rid of the young offenders act also, cause most of these type of crimes are the young people and they know they will just get a slap on the wrist if they get caught as it's not their first rodeo.

I'm sure glad my neighborhood has cleaned up a little. But that can change in a minute. It only take a couple of people a week of break ins and thefts to wreck the lives of hundreds.

EZM
01-02-2019, 10:00 AM
WTAF? Who’s that retarded? 2 two foot cuts vs a hasp? A shack in storage? They were after the wood stove? They need to build a couple new prisons and start locking these meth-heads up for long enough that it spares the rest of us billions. Until that happens, nothing is safe from brainless but brazen theft.

Criminals have a track record of not being too smart. This is a perfect example.

So damn sad we can't have any nice things because of crack heads ...... they really need to put these perps in jail and leave them there to rot.

Sooner
01-02-2019, 10:10 AM
One of those crackheads is gonna get a surprise when he finds the owners "protecting" their stuff lol. Crazy how they will destroy anything to get in if they thinks something of value is inside.

SteveY66
01-03-2019, 12:07 AM
There was a gentleman that posted on fishing buddies that his rental shack was broken into on Boxing Day at Gull, with the help from rcmp they caught the culprits.