PDA

View Full Version : Pan cover

coyoteman
01-01-2019, 10:55 AM
I am useing, bridger 4 duke 3 I was looking to see what The 'Real" trappers are useing for pan covers,or if you place something under the trap to keep it from freezeing in.I am am useing the dirt hole method---Had some yotes standing on my traps--talk about liveing close to the edge.

Marty S
01-02-2019, 08:33 AM
I don’t know if there’s any real trappers on this forum, but I’ve heard they use steel screen and mock people for using anything else.

Ronaround
01-02-2019, 09:38 AM
crumpled wax paper under the trap and over the pan is a option.

coyoteman
01-02-2019, 09:41 AM
I usually snare,Its simple cost effective,easy to maintain a trapline, the yotes for the most part dead when i travell the line ever other day.The traps not so good freezeing up buryed by snow.The area the traps are set on the side of a lake with a high bank overhang,not suitable for snares.

spoiledsaskhunter
01-02-2019, 08:19 PM
I take a piece of pink insulation and cut it the right size to put under the pan...then tear it into pieces that are thin enough to put under the pan, because obviously you don't want to try and stuff a piece that's 4 inches thick under there.

the dirt cannot get in and the insulation is soft enough to give when something steps on it.

kingrat
01-03-2019, 07:10 AM
Metal screen, like from screen doors is the best. Precut a bunch and keep them in a clean coffee container or something like that. I've also used coffee filters but prefer the screen.

yukon254
01-03-2019, 09:46 AM
I've tried everything at one point or another. The best trap cover I have found is that thin white foam that goes under laminate flooring. I use a lot of leg holds for wolves and it works great. I use a 9 inch plate as a template. I put in under my traps and over them.

Redneck 7
01-06-2019, 05:06 PM
crumpled wax paper under the trap and over the pan is a option.

This is what I use

treeroot
01-06-2019, 09:49 PM
anyone try those veggie/fruit bags at the grocery store? YOu know the super thin clear ones?

I have heard you can stick a whole trap inside the bag so that it prevents freezing and clogging from the bottom up and under the pan.