PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Carson Stock

nafiul15
01-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Hi all,

I am a newbie in hunting and have limited experience with different guns. I found a gentleman using Bell and Carson stick for his Tikka T3 and he sold the gun at a good price but offered me only the gun and the factory stick not the B&C stock.

I was wondering how good is the B&C stock and should I get one for myself.

Please provide me with thoughts.

Thank you
Nafi

elkhunter11
01-01-2019, 03:05 PM
The Bell&Carlson stocks are much more rigid than the plastic stocks, and the recoil lug is built into the aluminum bedding block. Prophet River has a good selection in stock.

warriorboy10
01-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Use a B&C stock on my 700 build. A decent stock at a reasonable cost. Bit on the heavy side if that’s what you like. It’s a solid shooter so nothing bad to say.

Redneck 7
01-01-2019, 07:41 PM
I’m looking to get a one for my coyote rifle from prophet river. I haven’t heard anything bad about them and for the price they seem best bang for the buck.

58thecat
01-02-2019, 05:44 AM
Did my 6-284 build and settle on this stock to snug all Into.....+30 to -30, rain, snow etc and it is a very solid stock, a bit on the heavy side but no complaints overall money well spent.

Big Sky
01-02-2019, 10:13 AM
I've got a B&C on a T3 lite.
For the reasons that others have stated, I prefer the B&C stock to the factory T3 offering.

The B&C does have a palm swell in the grip. As well the grip is wider.
I didn't find this to be an issue.

Prairiewolf
01-02-2019, 10:20 AM
I put a B&C on a 7MM RM I inherited. I really like the stock.

As others have said, they're very stiff and should promote more accuracy if bedded etc. They're not going to save you much weight if anything, but I wouldn't call them heavy either. They're an upgrade over most if not all factory makes IMO.

Bought mine through Prophet River and got it less than 24 hrs after ordering. Very simple to install with no trimming or anything.

Reel Time Rut Outdoors
01-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Got a B&C stock for my Rem Model Seven. I like the stock, as others said a little heavy. Fit and finish can be an issue sometimes. As with mine I had to sand down around the bottom metal. It wasn't evenly finished. A few areas a little raised so wouldn't allow the bottom metal to close.

This isn't the stocks fault but went to install a Timney Calvin elite, and wouldn't fit in the stock. Safety stuck out too far. Same with the regular Remington stock as well, but B&C was a little tighter.