PDA

View Full Version : Vet Recommendations?

Jeff_403
01-01-2019, 07:46 PM
We are picking up our new puppy at the end of January. I was hoping to get some recommendations for vets in the Calgary area (Within an hour). Thanks in Advance!

rosh
01-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Gord at didsbury! Good guy

oilngas
01-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Eastern Slopes Vet Clinic in Black Diamond, she takes the time to listen, analyse and advise. She really cares about you and your dog.

bubba 96
01-02-2019, 03:34 AM
Dr kobash at cochrane small animal clinic, she is 3rd generation and a amazing vet.

Jeff_403
01-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the recommendations!

Deb
01-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Dr. Peter Blomfield (and Dr. Phillips and Dr. Weber, if he's not available) at Acadia Drive Animal Clinic in southeast Calgary. We've been bringing our pets to Peter for over twenty years - we trust him 100%. He is both compassionate and realistic when dealing with serious issues, as are the other two vets mentioned.

alacringa
01-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Foothills Animal Hospital in Okotoks has been great for Schaffer and I. The vets are great with him; and are always ready to answer any questions I have. Dr. Logan has been his primary vet, but we have seen others there and have been equally happy.

Albertadiver
01-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Dr kobash at cochrane small animal clinic, she is 3rd generation and a amazing vet.

That's who we use. Worth the drive IMO.

tacomama
01-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Canyon Meadows Vet Clinic, Dr. Biernacki.
Best Vet and clinic I have ever gone to, great service and advice, without the high costs or BS that I have experienced at other clinics.

Big pete
01-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Eastern Slopes Vet Clinic in Black Diamond, she takes the time to listen, analyse and advise. She really cares about you and your dog.

X2 they are awesome!!!!

artie
01-02-2019, 09:29 AM
We are picking up our new puppy at the end of January. I was hoping to get some recommendations for vets in the Calgary area (Within an hour). Thanks in Advance!

Just as a heads up do your homework and decide if you want vet insurance.
My experience has been as soon as the vet sees a new puppy come in they push vet insurance on you. Be prepared. It is up to you to decide if you want the insurance not something pushed on you in the rush of getting a new puppy.
I am not trying to be negative but just want you to be prepared for what you want.

Little Valy
01-02-2019, 11:50 AM
Canyon Meadows Vet Clinic, Dr. Biernacki.
Best Vet and clinic I have ever gone to, great service and advice, without the high costs or BS that I have experienced at other clinics.

X2.When my GSD was starting to lose function of his hind legs it was on his recommendation that he be put down,none of the “let’s try this,let’s try that”
He puts the well being of the animal first
And also very reasonable $ for a big city clinic.

Parker Hale
01-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Here's a link to one of my previous threads n just this subject.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=343696

Who Da Fisherman
01-02-2019, 01:19 PM
We use this place
http://www.beddingtonvet.com/
Also if you do call around they are much more cost effective.
WDF

Jeff_403
01-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Thanks everyone!

omega50
01-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Timely thread. Will take the new Cocker to Dr. Biernacki in Canyon Meadows for her 2nd shots in 2 weeks and report back

omega50
01-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Pup went in today for her 2nd shots to Dr Biernacki at Canyon Meadows Veterinary Clinic.
I appreciate the recommendations that led us there.
We were well received at reception and led back to an examination room. Pup was weighed and seen by Dr Biernacki within minutes.

Good demeanour, friendly, knowledgeable and fully answered our questions in a very direct and thoughtful way leaving us feeling we made a good decision to bring the new pup here.

Oral Kennel Cough in addition to the scheduled injected vaccination went off without a hitch. A physical exam confirmed her health status as good.

So far so good. But as always the true litmus test will be when a more serious issue arises.

We found the costs very reasonable for the service offered and in comparison to some quotes we had solicited when we first decided to get the pup.

Low stress on the pup she was excited and happy to meet some new friends.