PDA

View Full Version : yo yo auto reel

jungleboy
01-02-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm no ice fisherman but have tinkered with it on occasion, Has anyone ever used one of those yoyo auto reels while ice fishing or are they even legal here?

jungleboy
01-03-2019, 09:17 AM
here is what I am talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Or6X2jikY

Smoky buck
01-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Kinda takes the fun out of it

RavYak
01-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Why not stay home and play fishing games if you don't want to reel them in lol?

Can't say I see the point other then as a gimmick for a few moments of entertainment when it works for a smaller fish then gets spooled by a big fish.

MooseRiverTrapper
01-03-2019, 02:06 PM
That is ridiculous lol

Woolyoldbugger
01-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Those have been around for years they were called Whites auto fisher. Used one years ago and its no different than a jaw jacker it sets the hook but fish can still escape. Personally the tug is the drug and missing that just to reel in sucks the fun out for me. I've never grabbed a rod offered to me either. I want to use my skills in hook manipulation and action to entice the bite. Even if that means just holding it still.

jungleboy
01-03-2019, 07:58 PM
relax all I was just curious if they were in use or even legal in Alberta. I don't have one and am of the same mind as far as I prefer to fight my own fish battles. Interesting bit of gear non the less.

makin tracks
01-04-2019, 10:29 AM
looks interesting, see it on u tube vids occasionally, no idea on legality, can't be much different than tip ups etc.

pope
01-04-2019, 10:42 AM
They have been around a long time and were commonly found on tip ups. I guess if you attach one to a rod with jigging jaw jacker you will just need the auto fish filleter and fryer attachment.

HuyFishin
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
They have been around a long time and were commonly found on tip ups. I guess if you attach one to a rod with jigging jaw jacker you will just need the auto fish filleter and fryer attachment.

At that point I would just stay home and watch people fish on YouTube and TV lmao