PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas 7-Gallon Meat Mixer

El Carnicero
01-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Hey all,
Looking at picking up one of Cabelas 7-gallon meat mixers that attaches to the Carnivore grinder.
The reviews are both good and bad on the website. Mostly complaining of the gears giving out.

Do any of you guys on here have one that could give me their opinions?

I already have the smaller hand crank one and that one is just Meh, and I would like to cut down on mixing time.
Thoughts?

YYC338
01-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Don't have one myself, but after reading about all the gear failure issues and lack of warranty support, I'd steer clear.

El Carnicero
01-03-2019, 05:35 PM
I was also surprised by all the issues noted in the comments. Especially as you say, the lack of product support. Doesn’t seem to fit with Cabela’s usual service.

AndrewM
01-03-2019, 05:59 PM
With the bass pro takeover they have started to go downhill. Warranty in Canada is a year while it is lifetime of the product in the states. Don’t trust the website without confirming.

220 Swift
01-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I dont recall the one i have but its a 2014 make. I dont have tilt but i wanted it and ordered the wrong one.
I would make sure that it has that option.

kingrat
01-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Had one for a few years and so far so good. Beats the hell out of hand mixing.

wildrose
01-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Our hunting camp has had one for many years also and drive it with a Cabela's 1.5 horse grinder . Works good and no hand mixing .

El Carnicero
01-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Hmm, interesting.
Seems the older models were better built.
It appears that the newer models got the short end of the stick, according to some of the recent reviews on the website. Some as little as 2 weeks ago- 11 months ago.

Would love to take the chance and buy one but that’s a high cost to run the risk of having crap out.

hawken
01-04-2019, 10:17 AM
I mix the spices with the meat after I cut it into strips. Then through the grinder.
After that, it doesn’t need much more mixing.
And I don’t have the clean the mixer.

R3illy
01-04-2019, 01:45 PM
I purchased a manual meat mixer from cabelas and had the handle snap 3 times the day it was removed from the box. As I dumped meat in the mixer they didnt want to refund. They tried getting me to deal with the customer care line and refused to help in the store.

Eventually after 30 min they replaced the broken handle. And did so a second and third time that day.

I've now got a garbage hand mixer that's going to break again. This was from November this year.

El Carnicero
01-05-2019, 12:21 PM
I purchased a manual meat mixer from cabelas and had the handle snap 3 times the day it was removed from the box. As I dumped meat in the mixer they didnt want to refund. They tried getting me to deal with the customer care line and refused to help in the store.

Eventually after 30 min they replaced the broken handle. And did so a second and third time that day.

I've now got a garbage hand mixer that's going to break again. This was from November this year.

Good thing to be aware of.
I too have the hand crank mixer. Used it this morning for 80 lbs of deer sausage. It did alright, but has a few flaws that I would like improved. I was thinking of upgrading to the bigger one. But with such negetive feedback on both the material and customer care, I think I’ll stay clear and just use my hand crank till it dies.

R3illy
01-05-2019, 02:33 PM
they told me I was adding too much meat into the mixer but we were using a scale to weigh the meat to make sure it was the right amount.

It was definitely frustrating as I wanted my money back for the product being total garbage. I wont buy much of anything related to meat processing from cabelas any longer.